KylieInPortland -- New vlogger!

Hello everyone! My name is Kylie and although I have been big in to watching YouTube since 2006-07ish and occasionally making a video since '08, I am still extremely new to regular vlogging. I would LOVE for anyone more experienced than I to review my channel and give me tips on how to improve! I know I have a long way to go and I'm still working out the bugs.

The things I'm struggling with right now:
-Ideas... what the heck do I talk about! I certainly can sit in front of the camera for hours expressing every random thought that pops into my head... but how do I narrow it down into things other people will find entertaining and interesting? What do people want to see/discuss?

-How do I get people involved, comment, rating, asking questions, etc without being super annoying or needy sounding? Is there a way?!

-Promoting... I am REALLY struggling with this one. How do I get more views? It's hard to find the motivation to make more videos when nobody is watching or engaging in commentary on the ones you've already made. :p Luckily I REALLY enjoy the filming and editing process. I find it relaxing, oddly enough.

-FRIENDS!!! I am looking to network and also to cultivate some great friendships from YouTube! YouTube has been a passion of mine for a really long time, but unfortunately I have found no one in my "real life" that shares in that passion. Hence, the reason for me coming to this forum!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you would like to strike up a friendship with me, please contact me on Twitter! @kylie_Moody

Thanks!!!
-KylieInPortland

I would really love to answer most of your questions, but to be honest I am pretty new to Youtube and Yttalk, and still trying to find an answer to them as well, so sorry about that.

However, I could give you a few tips, use them, don't use them, it up to you. :)

-To help get people to comment and like and subscribe and such, you could say that if I get X amount of likes I will post two videos tomorrow, or I will do something funny or stupid on cam. You could have people comment about certain topics, so you can better understand your audience and what they feel. You could also have them comment on what they would like to see for your next video, so that is kind of a two birds with one stone sorta deal.

-As far as promoting goes, I kind of suck at this as well. You could find vlogger forums (if those even exist) and just become a part of that community and once and a while post a new video you made. Yttalk seems to be a great place to promote, just become active on the site and be yourself, you will get fans eventually.

-For the whole friends thing, I would love to be your Youtube buddy, I also have very few people I know that are into Youtube.

Soo feel free to use or not use my advice, its up to you, at the very least you made a fan out of me haha. I subscribed and also featured you on my channel.

-Aron :)

Wow, thank you!! I really appreciate you taking the time to watch and give me feedback. I really like your ideas! I definitely need to ask more questions in my videos to get people involved. And thanks SO much for subscribing AND featuring me. That's so nice of you! No one has done that for me before! I am going to go subscribe to you right now, new friend! :)

Back