Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Keywords in Title/Description/Tags experiment (useful for a starting youtuber)

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Marketing, Strategy & SEO' started by Altervoid, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Andy R
    Cash:
    $6
    Good information! How do we get out video to show along other popular videos with the same method?

2. Samira
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $105
    This is a really interesting experiment. I think I do this already but I will definitily focus on this to see if I also see a increase :)

3. Messages:
    Cash:
    $8
    This thread is golden!! Thanks for all the nuggets of helpful info. Can’t wait to update my titles and tags.

4. Md Sk Johnny
    Cash:
    $8
    Can you tell me about content title, which types of content title better short title or long?

5. iGM
    iGM
    That Scottish Guy
    Cash:
    $6
    A very informative read and no doubt very useful to a lot of people on here, me included! You really did do your homework for this post and I thank you for the time you took in researching and testing different methods of SEO optimization for YouTube videos. There are dozens of video tutorials out there but I have never seen someone go into as much detail as you have!

6. Jealous Lawn Care
    Cash:
    $34
    Very good writeup...a very scientific approach!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 5, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 5, 2018 ---
    One follow up question...how long did you wait after changing tags/descriptions before seeing a change in your videos search rankings? I've always wondered how quickly YT updates that info once you change a video.

7. Jealous Lawn Care
    Cash:
    $34
    I just tried your experiment on a week old video of mine. Revamped the title, descriptions, and tags for 2-3 phrases (or tags as you called them). Then i checked my rankings on these 2-3 tag phrases and in 24 hours there has been absolutely no change in the search results. These phrases were and still are ranked at 9, 12, 20th.

There must have been other factors at play regarding your result changes. Unless it takes more than 24hrs for YT's search results to update...but I've posted this question a few different places and no one seems to know about this question.

8. MiketheDbacker26
    Let's Player
    Cash:
    $7
    Interesting to note about the position in the description. I try to have more detailed descriptions now, about the game, the directors, release dates, all of that, to try to maximize phrases and keywords associated with the game without spamming. I haven't been consistent with it and have only been trying for a couple weeks, but I'm curious if it'll help drive traffic in the long run.