Keep Uploading or Not?

jason1909

Super Poster
I'm currently uploading a LP and it's getting really low views. Should I just stop the LP completely, stop for now or continue? I don't mind playing the game but when it gets that low views I'm not sure if I should continue?

If you are doing it for the views and nothing but the views then that is up to you. But if you are doing it for the fun of it and doing it because you enjoy it then it shouldn't matter how many views you have and you should definitely continue.

If your having fun making the videos, then don't stop as your enjoying it. If your doing it just for views then like Glitch said thats up to you, but I make videos because I really enjoy it and the 40 views I get, are like an added bonus :D

If the views are really bad compared to your subscriber ratio, you might want to stop uploading at least so you don't spam those uninterested in it.

Alternatively just back up your savegame so you can always return to it to continue, then keep playing for fun.

Also i should add that, if you are doing because you like and would like to get more views you could consider making an analysis about your channel and content and see how you could improve it so that people find it more welcoming and entertaining, also trying to find some things that you could do different from the majority of channels might help as well to stand out and get more views and subs. But well if you are not enjoying the journey it might be wise to consider if this is what you want to be doing, but if it is, well then its worth to study and work hard to improve until you get satisfied

I'm currently uploading a LP and it's getting really low views. Should I just stop the LP completely, stop for now or continue? I don't mind playing the game but when it gets that low views I'm not sure if I should continue?
continue, your having fun and your still pleasing some people just not many that shouldn't stop you keep it up bro

I know, how dare anyone consider their audience preferences in combination with their own when determining content to upload amirite? There is an incredible holier than though complex that comes people on community forums as though they are more noble because they do it for the artistic integrity or whatever reason. If that was the reason, none of you would spend the extra added time and effort to put a video on the internet for others to watch.

The fact of the matter is that every YouTuber defines themselves by their audience. Some are happier with a smaller audience than others but if you got ZERO views, you wouldn’t keep uploading for any appreciable length of time, no matter who you are. Don’t deny it because you’d be lying. You’d probably keep playing the same games or doing the same activities but putting the time into recording, editing, encoding and uploading isn’t worth doing if people aren’t watching. Yes it’s important to do content that you enjoy and have fun doing. Yes someone doing a game they don’t like just for views because it’s popular is obvious to the viewer and bad. However if the choice is between two games you enjoy and one would get better views, the decision is obvious on which to put extra editing effort into. Further to that if the choice is between just playing the game instead of going through all of the work of making a video presentable for YouTube only a handful of people are going to watch, the return value whether monetary or just personal satisfaction drops through the floor.

If the Let’s Play is getting terrible views compared to other series on your channel, then perhaps focusing more effort on the other series is a better use of your time. You do have to ask the question, are you having fun with it anymore. And it’s a valid question to ask yourself if you’d have more fun doing a completely different series. For myself personally, I can have a great deal of enjoyment from a wide range of gaming related topics and video types. The ones I’m going to spend the time putting on the Tube are the ones which net the greatest potential. The others, I’m just going to play and not tell anyone about.

Back