Just received 3rd strike, channel about to be shut down... question

ZakIslam

Hi all,

I'm a YouTube partner and just received my third strike, consequently meaning my account will now be closed in 7 days. The first 2 strikes are in the process of being retracted (claimant, a large gaming company, has said they've retracted weeks ago but has yet to be processed by YouTube).

When I go to upload, it says:

"We have received three notifications alleging copyright infringement in one of your postings. Consequently, your account is subject to termination. Your ability to post new videos has been suspended. Your access to your account will be completely disabled unless we receive from you a valid counter-notification disputing at least one of the claims by Apr 17, 2013."

So I've submitted the counter notifications for the 2 previous strikes showing evidence that the claimant said they've retracted the strikes. It says it'll take 10 business days for counter notifications to be properly processed.

Should YouTube shut down the account in 7 days, and the counter notifications are successful 3 days later (thus completing the 10 required business days), will the channel be reinstated?

Anyone had the 3 strikes issue before?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: To clarify, I understand I infringed content, but only on the 3rd strike. The former 2 were mistakes, which is why Sony agreed to retract them.

It just hasn't been retracted yet.. been waiting a couple of weeks. I've submitted the counters for the former 2.

What are the strikes for? Did you have permission to upload the content that gave you a strike?

Hi all,

I'm a YouTube partner and just received my third strike, consequently meaning my account will now be closed in 7 days. The first 2 strikes are in the process of being retracted (claimant, a large gaming company, has said they've retracted weeks ago but has yet to be processed by YouTube).

"We have received three notifications alleging copyright infringement in one of your postings. Consequently, your account is subject to termination. Your ability to post new videos has been suspended. Your access to your account will be completely disabled unless we receive from you a valid counter-notification disputing at least one of the claims by Apr 17, 2013."

So I've submitted the counter notifications for the 2 previous strikes showing evidence that the claimant said they've retracted the strikes. It says it'll take 10 business days for counter notifications to be properly processed.

Should YouTube shut down the account in 7 days, and the counter notifications are successful 3 days later (thus completing the 10 required business days), will the channel be reinstated?

Best of luck with your future endeavors!

What are the strikes for? Did you have permission to upload the content that gave you a strike?

I would like to know the same thing.

I'm afraid we cannot to much to help you, like Frankie has said. If you have uploaded content which wasn't yours and you get a strike, this is the consequences you will face.

I understand your comments. However, the first 2 strikes by Sony were a mistake and that's why they agreed to retract it. I don't dispute the 3rd strike.

Hi all,

When you received the second strike WHY ON EARTH didn't you just delete all videos with third party content in and just wait for one of them to go.

A single strike is one thing, you can't afford a third because it's not just your channel - you'll be banned for life from Adsense.

Back