Just quit my job...

Tanner Reed

Hey all,

So I just quit my job and now I have a ton of time on my hands.

I'm an entrepreneur with a background in software development. Which basically means I solve people's problems by way of software. Either mobile software or browser based, usually.

My goal is to develop something specifically for the YouTuber community. My problem is I don't know where to start. Then I thought "why not just ask"...

I've found the best way to help people is to simply find out what they think sucks. Would any of you be willing to talk with me, in depth, about the process you use to create videos?

It would help me build something that is unique to the YouTuber community and should be a fun project.

Let me know!

One idea, that' I've been thinking about for a few weeks now...is being able to access your inbox on YouTube via an app. By the way, I'm talking off the top of my head....so please feel free to point me in the right direction if someone knows of an app that already handles this. But I would say,one of my biggest qualms with the current app for Youtube is my inability to access my YouTube Inbox via their app. I don't know about everyone else in the forums, but I'm constantly on the go. And being able to check this forum from an app helps me great deal. My biggest frustration with YouTube's app has been the lack of an inbox. Granted, I suppose for most people who receive a ton of comments and messages they would probably not want this feature.

And while, yes I do get emails straight to my phone saying I've received comments and am able to click on them, I wish it opened within an app of some kind instead of opening a web browsing window.

[edited - update] I forgot to include that, I would be more than happy to talk to you in detail about my process of creating videos as well, if you're still interested in that aspect.

No clue if this is doable, but iirc Youtube has an API..Was thinking a whole dashboard app! Upload videos from a desktop app, tons of things!

Check YT messages in the app, check analytics, adsense revenue... I'm sure those can happen. Anything else? What would make life as a YouTuber easier?

Back