Just finished editing when..

SalvagedBeauty

A different kind of normal..
So close to finishing editing my new video and what happens..
The programme decides to randomly shut down. No progress saved!! :stomp:
Has this ever happened to anyone else??!
The thing is it's now going to be my fourth time trying to edit this video..

My laptop is just deciding to be annoying today. Once again I was done and my computer froze. It wouldn't of helped me having the internet up. Going to switch off all the tabs and run nothing else but movie maker. So I'll try ONCE AGAIN. It's like it doesn't want me to upload the video.

This is why I'm a save maniac! I save like every 10 seconds. I learned the hard way because back in school the computers were terrible and could crash at any moment >_<

So close to finishing editing my new video and what happens..
The programme decides to randomly shut down. No progress saved!! :stomp:
Has this ever happened to anyone else??!
The thing is it's now going to be my fourth time trying to edit this video..
Save as you go along....

That hasn't happened to me, but something just as worse. I have pressed F10 on After Effects which turns gives all of the 3D laters a black background and means that my beautiful background is not seen. I couldn't find a way to undo it, so I had to basically delete the whole project and start over several times. :( But yeah, shizz happens. :)

Save as you go along....

Movie Maker you can't.. Whenever I save it and try to get back into it, it never let's me.[DOUBLEPOST=1371393197,1371393108][/DOUBLEPOST]
It happens to everyone. But what editing software are you using? Most of them have autosaves every few minutes.

Movie maker. I now hate it, but it's the only one I can use with ease. My computer keeps messing up. It happened again just now and I had just finished editing.

That hasn't happened to me, but something just as worse. I have pressed F10 on After Effects which turns gives all of the 3D laters a black background and means that my beautiful background is not seen. I couldn't find a way to undo it, so I had to basically delete the whole project and start over several times. :( But yeah, shizz happens. :)

Does Control + Z or on a Mac Command + Z not undo that? Seems like Command + Z + Shift are like my go to commands haha :p

OP: That is annoying, just remember to save the project as soon as your start, and periodically hit Control + S for a quick save just in case this happens again. Your laptop seems to not like you today.

Does Control + Z or on a Mac Command + Z not undo that? Seems like Command + Z + Shift are like my go to commands haha :p

OP: That is annoying, just remember to save the project as soon as your start, and periodically hit Control + S for a quick save just in case this happens again. Your laptop seems to not like you today.

Yeah, I just have to save now because when there is no way to undo it. It doesn't even appear in the undo list.

Back