• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Journey to 1000 Subscribers

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Wow!

I definitely did NOT expect to be back in the milestone forum so soon, but Pixel & Bracket just crossed 1000 subscribers! Things are growing faster and faster and I definitely have some new insights down below.

When I first joined YTtalk, I would read milestone threads as sources of information and inspiration in growing my YouTube channel. It helped me relate to other YouTubers of similar size, and be motivated by those achieving even greater success. Threads that I post in this forum will include as much value as possible for other up-and-coming YouTubers that are interested in growing their own channel!

On May 6th, 2017 I posted that I had reached 500 Subs and 30,000+ views. It is now May 29th, 2017 and my channel hit 1000 Subs and 37,000 views! For those of you that have subscribed, thank you so much!

Pixel & Bracket is an art channel in which I post Adobe tips & tutorials, speed art, creative live streams, and feature work from other artists. If that sounds interesting check it out, new videos every week!

For others growing their own channels, keep at it. It may seem like it's never going to grow, but trust me it will. Be consistent, be honest, and stick to your passions!

Milestone History:

0 to 50 Subs / 0 to 2000 Views = 8 subs/mo
This took me 6 months to achieve and growth felt so slow, but I decided to be consistent and stick with it to see what would happen. Growth rate ~ 8 subs/mo

50 to 100 Subs / 2000 to 4000 Views = 33 subs/mo
Added 50 subs in 1.5 months. Consistency has really been key and I can't wait to see how fast I can grow the channel from here! Growth rate ~ 33 subs/mo

100 to 200 Subs / 4000 to 12,000 Views = 33 subs/mo
Added 100 subs in 3 months. Views have TRIPLED! I also crossed 100 video uploads.

200 to 500 Subs / 12,000 Views to 30,000 Views = 75 subs/mo
Added 300 subs in 4 months. Views nearly tripled again!

500 to 1000 Subs / 30,000 Views to 37,000 Views = 500 subs/mo
Added 500 subs in less than ONE month. Incredible growth including huge support from Reddit.

Next up: 5000 subs!

Insights:

May was the first 30-day period that I had at least one subscriber every single day. I was ecstatic about that... and then it happened. I joined Reddit and began posting and commenting, adding tons of value to the community. Here and there I would plug my channel if someone had questions, but not before adding some value, they are very strict about self-promotion over there (I even got banned before I knew that haha). Basically, one of my comments about my channel ended up best comment on a hot thread in the graphic design forum, and I had over 225 subscribers IN ONE DAY. That is more than I had in my ENTIRE FIRST YEAR on YouTube! Crazy crazy crazy, I'll see you guys at 5000! If anybody has any questions about what I'm doing just ask!

Thanks!
Spencer

Last edited:
Back