Issues with Windows Live Movie Maker

Sometimes it helps if you playback your footage with a different media player. I edit and render using after effects and then to play back my file I need to use VLV as no other player works for se reason.

I would go Adobe all the way. I've tried lots of other programs, and nothing is as versatile as Adobe. I use Premiere Pro, but a less expensive version that works great for newbies is Premiere Elements. Versions 10 and 11 can usually be found on Amazon for less than $50USD. Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, PowerDirector and others are okay, but after trying them all, I would not buy any of them. Just my opinion.

Re: Moviemaker, are you using an older computer?

But it's not just that video that is having issues. It's all of my videos that are having issues.....

So would you suggest Sony Vegas?

I would, but that is only because that I what I know and am accustomed too. Look around, and see what you think.

I think the big two are Sony Vegas, and Adobe Premier.

save every time you make a change and don't over load the program, make sure the file size is small so what you can do is upload it to movie maker and then export it, it will take some MBs away.
sometimes the video recording can be glitchy, i've recorded a few times from by camera and I can see some glitches.
when exporting, save the movie as recommended settings/ recomended for the video as it will be the best.
make your videos in scenes and export all of them individually then bring then all back together.

People, try VirtualDub or Lightworks! Or any other free editing program out there, they are nearly all better than WMM

The fact that you're using Movie Maker at all is your first problem :p lol, I'd suggest you get VideoPad, it's free and is 10x more powerful than Movie Maker :)

Okay, I got Powerdirector Director's Suite with a Student discount. So far it's been serving me much better. :)

Back