Is this allowed?

Technically you can upload it and monetize it if its not copyrighted, but however if the owner of the content see's your video he has every right to file a copyright complaint

Technically you can upload it and monetize it if its not copyrighted, but however if the owner of the content see's your video he has every right to file a copyright complaint
No you really can't. It's not because you can get away with something that you can do it.

what do you mean by public domain please, i'm interested on this subject too. :) ?
Public domain is where the recording is too old for the copyright to be standing, it is then released into the world for anyone to use. Let's say Mozart, for example, his copyrights expired years ago, however the latest recording (last Thursday) is copyrighted.

Public domain is where the recording is too old for the copyright to be standing, it is then released into the world for anyone to use. Let's say Mozart, for example, his copyrights expired years ago, however the latest recording (last Thursday) is copyrighted.

okay, let's say that you find a website where you can download free clips and you upload it to youtube will the owner get your video down even if it was free to download on his own website ?

okay, let's say that you find a website where you can download free clips and you upload it to youtube will the owner get your video down even if it was free to download on his own website ?
It depends. Just because you downloaded the song, doesn't mean you own all rights to it. You would normally have to pay thousands of dollars to get all rights to a song for only a year.

It depends. Just because you downloaded the song, doesn't mean you own all rights to it. You would normally have to pay thousands of dollars to get all rights to a song for only a year.
i'm not talking about songs but video clips for instance pond5

i'm not talking about songs but video clips for instance pond5
Pond5 is a Royalty-Free clip site that I use all the time. As long as you have paid the royalty fee for the clip and attributed the author of same as stated in their license terms, you will be fine. If you are using their free Public Domain clips, stating that in your credits will help.

Also you cannot just upload the clip as a standalone; it must be a portion of a larger authored video.

Back