Is this against the rules?

tommytime555

Hi.

Very specific question here...

Can I grab random "fan" artwork from Twitter and use it within one of my YouTube videos? Example: If one of Taylor Swift's fans tags her on a drawing they did of her, could I grab that drawing and use it for a few seconds in a YouTube video or would that be considered stealing (from this fan)? Especially if my videos are monetized and using YouTube ads?

Any info appreciated!

T

Well taking something that doesn't belong to you is stealing, yes. Why don't you just ask the artist for permission ?
Asked for permission is always the best option. However, if they don't respond and you're not a huge success, I don't see an issue in using it and giving them credit IF it is publicly posted. Give them credit and you should be fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1466871931,1466871779][/DOUBLEPOST]The reason why I say if you're not a huge success is because then it can fall under Fair Use. If you were big it could be said that you're using the image for monetary gain, so as long as you're not big,even if you do out ads on the video, you should be fine.

What is the purpose of using the image maybe you can just explain to the creator why your using our but you must give them credit

Back