Is over saturation making it hard to gain subs?

I upload very frequently, about 3 times a week (Though it has slowed a bit this month and last due to personal things) and I feel that I have a lot of positives going for me.

I have a really good voice for recording, it's not an NPR golden radio voice but with some mild processing it sounds fantastic. The quality I record in is great too - it's at 4k if anyone ever feels the need to crank it up that high, I also include my "Wheel cam" in every video. I record racing videos, going to car meets - experimenting with modded vehicles in games and the over all video comes out to just look fantastic.

I try to use things like rapid-tags to input the best keywords for my video. I never leave a video without a description or tags, and also use relatively good thumbsnails that aren't too flashy but get the point across.

Well..... 15 subs,, 8 months and 72 videos later - I feel like I am failing.

I see some people (no one on here, but random commenters) that have 3 videos uploaded, all done on a webcam with a mic you can barely understand and they have like 500 subscribers.

It's not that I envy them or think I deserve more - it's that I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I mean, I really REALLY try to post good stuff. I do not have the mindset of "Just keep spamming effortless videos and someone will like it".

I'd be more than happy to share my channel here but sometimes instead of people saying "Wow... I have no idea, you're just not gaining traction", they have nothing solid to really pin down as to why I cannot gain subs and come up with really arbitrary stuff. I think we've all had that happen.

I don't know, this was sort of just to vent / see if anyone else was experiencing this frustration like I am now.

What is your channel, if you don't mind my asking?

I honestly think it depends what you're doing, what kind of personality you have, who you are, and what kind of niche you fit in to.
I find that a lot of younger people have a better job getting more subscribers, as... I wouldn't say a majority, but a large portion of the YT sphere are quite young, and they often subscribe to younger people (so I've found anyway).
I can't say for sure anyway...

I feel you though, I have been making YT videos since 2013, with mild success, it's better to just keep going for it, if you still enjoy it, and you will hopefully make it somewhere eventually.. After 6 and a half years I'm just over 600 subs... Thats just how it is sometimes!

You're not dong anything wrong, I'm sure, and I do agree that the oversaturation of channels these days does make it a lot harder to find an audience, but when you do find that audience they're just as likely to stick around as they ever have been.
Theres no way to really know why you're not getting out there, it could be your SEO, your thumbnails, your username... It could be that your videos are too niche, or you need to link them offsite to other forums or social media like reddit or twitter,..... It can be verrryyy frustrating though, not getting anywhere when you feel you deserve it (in a none selfish way, I sometimes feel the same) because of how hard you're working.

Anyway... Best of luck, I hope you can get your channel out there how you'd like to!

Okay, I'll post the channel. I was hesitant at first because it strictly says no advertising. Sometimes I just want to know if it really is me. Like - dude you're just not entertaining. That I'd be okay with, at least I would know if I am just spinning my wheels.

Okay, I'll post the channel. I was hesitant at first because it strictly says no advertising. Sometimes I just want to know if it really is me. Like - dude you're just not entertaining. That I'd be okay with, at least I would know if I am just spinning my wheels.

Man you videos are entertaining and engaging...I think you should just work on your video tags and don't look at what others are doing because they might have collaborated with a top youtuber to help boost the views or channel subscribers....Just keep doing what you do and keep looking for ways to improve and you will start seeing the same results...All the best

Man you videos are entertaining and engaging...I think you should just work on your video tags and don't look at what others are doing because they might have collaborated with a top youtuber to help boost the views or channel subscribers....Just keep doing what you do and keep looking for ways to improve and you will start seeing the same results...All the best
I upload very frequently, about 3 times a week (Though it has slowed a bit this month and last due to personal things) and I feel that I have a lot of positives going for me.

I have a really good voice for recording, it's not an NPR golden radio voice but with some mild processing it sounds fantastic. The quality I record in is great too - it's at 4k if anyone ever feels the need to crank it up that high, I also include my "Wheel cam" in every video. I record racing videos, going to car meets - experimenting with modded vehicles in games and the over all video comes out to just look fantastic.

I try to use things like rapid-tags to input the best keywords for my video. I never leave a video without a description or tags, and also use relatively good thumbsnails that aren't too flashy but get the point across.

Well..... 15 subs,, 8 months and 72 videos later - I feel like I am failing.

I see some people (no one on here, but random commenters) that have 3 videos uploaded, all done on a webcam with a mic you can barely understand and they have like 500 subscribers.

It's not that I envy them or think I deserve more - it's that I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I mean, I really REALLY try to post good stuff. I do not have the mindset of "Just keep spamming effortless videos and someone will like it".

I'd be more than happy to share my channel here but sometimes instead of people saying "Wow... I have no idea, you're just not gaining traction", they have nothing solid to really pin down as to why I cannot gain subs and come up with really arbitrary stuff. I think we've all had that happen.

I don't know, this was sort of just to vent / see if anyone else was experiencing this frustration like I am now.
I agree with Boris if you worry about what others do it f with ya bro. Celebrate that you got an audience, that to you and a few others your content is dope. Improve and keep pushing.

I'd say yeah, saturation is a thing, but that only means you have to try a little bit harder to stand out in some way, any way. I can't tell you how exactly because I'm still kind of struggling with that over on my own channel, but the more distinct and different you are than most/all other channels in your niche, the easier time you'll have gaining views & subs.

Thank you guys so much for the responses. I cannot get over the positive feedback. The issue (In my eyes) is that there are so many people trying to compete in the same category that they are written off as "posers" until proven otherwise. It's that and the fact that my content just may not be up to par?

Don't mean to necro this but I'd like to provide him with some additional perspective.

As a person who doesn't typically watch games on Youtube, I went to your channel and paid attention to what I was thinking. Here are a couple things:

1) I'm not that interested in what game you're playing but rather, what you're actually doing. Most of your titles take up precious space just for the game declaration. You could include the game, but get the juicy bit out first. For example you have a video named "GTA-5 1500MPH in a jet". What about flipping it around? "1500MPH in a jet! GTA-5" or "Going MACH 2! - GTA-5". Or "How to Drift like a Boss in GTA 5"
2) Most people are not going to simply watch you driving a car around without commentary all the time. It just gets too boring. You're leaving the audience left to make their own story along with your gameplay. But you should be the one making a story because viewers of gaming channels are there to be entertained or to learn something (how to / strats/ etc). Perhaps you could script a story about what you're going to do? Pick up person A and bring them to spot B. Or get from point A to B in the fastest time possible.
3) Of the videos I watched, you're giving an intro but the car is just sitting there. Perhaps you should just step on the gas when the video starts, get some action happening WHILE you're giving the intro?
4) You focus on driving too perfect. Maybe toss in a few wrecks? Or police chases? Highlight some epic get aways? Generally spice it up beyond simply driving around. The audience doesn't currently see a purpose. I know you do. But step outside what you think would be exciting and step into the shoes of your target demo.
5) Check out some of the titles from Kwebbelkop as ways to spice yours up a bit. Perhaps you can get some inspiration for future vids too?

Anyways, I hope I was able to give some good input.

Also, look on the bright side. You've doubled your subs since you posted this :)

Back