is legal or illegal to download YouTube videos

herbert

I want to download a few videos and put them on my laptop.So,I can watch them anywhere. I have no intention of distributing them, or sharing them with others. It's just for my own, personal use. I also read YouTube rules still confused about it. Anyway, is it legal or illegal to download YouTube videos?

Well, think about it like this: With youtube red, you're able to download youtube videos. I don't think it's illegal.

It's against YouTube's terms and conditions:

Section 5L
You agree not to access Content or any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as intended through and permitted by the normal functionality of the Service, and solely for Streaming. "Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of the material by YouTube via the Internet to a user operated Internet enabled device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be downloaded (either permanently or temporarily), copied, stored, or redistributed by the user.

Section 9
"Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of YouTube or, where applicable, YouTube's licensors. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their Content."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms&gl=GB

It's against YouTube's terms and conditions:

Section 5L
You agree not to access Content or any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as intended through and permitted by the normal functionality of the Service, and solely for Streaming. "Streaming" means a contemporaneous digital transmission of the material by YouTube via the Internet to a user operated Internet enabled device in such a manner that the data is intended for real-time viewing and not intended to be downloaded (either permanently or temporarily), copied, stored, or redistributed by the user.

Section 9
"Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of YouTube or, where applicable, YouTube's licensors. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their Content."

Source:
I actually wasn't aware of this rule. Lucky I haven't downloaded anything. However I can't understand why you can't download them for personal use in such instances like not having internet, and wanting to watch stuff on the go.

As said, it breaks the ToS, and I guess it depends on your intent of doing it, it´s just a scumbag move to upload the video on your channel (like SoFlo), and if it´s for personal use, why not just see it on youtube?

As said, it breaks the ToS, and I guess it depends on your intent of doing it, it´s just a scumbag move to upload the video on your channel (like SoFlo), and if it´s for personal use, why not just see it on youtube?

lol'd at (Like SoFlo)

He aggravates me so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back