Is it worthwhile to push for Youtube Partnership?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morganyt

Hi guys, well the title pretty much says it all! This might be a bit of an essay but I would really like some feedback.Skim read if you must :p I am currently unemployed and have a few options and life paths I should venture into. I have been a member since 2007 and am a true youtube addict! I truly believe Google and Youtube is the future of media content and I want to be a part of it! I am in a country that offers partnership so it is a possibility.

I have the ideas and vision for what I want my channel to be and I also have some decent connections to get the production and relevant content created! My only fear is that I go into this with my whole heart and I am let down in the future? I understand that building a subscriber following and getting a good view ratio is hard work and dedication. That I am willing to do. I currently have a channel I spend ALOT of work on that is not up for partnership due to some copyright issues here and there. My new venture and channel will obviously involve no copyright infringement. My question to fellow partners out there and aspiring tubers, is it worth it?! Grabbing the bull by the horns. I mean I realise alot of the top guys are making ends meet and are making a living off this amazing place!

I understand it will take a few months or even years to see results, But I just need that shove and some words of motivation please?! I realise you cannot share what you make at all but does the money made off adsense at least keep you clothed ,fed and sheltered :p I've had this pipe dream in my visions for a year or two now, and now I finally realise it is time to act! I could use some inspiration or some key tips pls. Also... I feel it would be fair if we could get tips in some cases on WHAT content Google wants or advises. The topdogs here go from reviewing viral videos to talking about current affairs. Is this something that should be looked at more? My general idea is talking about current affairs and trends in my country and interviewing ppl on the streets and at gigs etc. The connection I have will have some power here to get us to a few low key celebs...so this could help?

ANYWAYS... so sorry for the freaking ESSAY. Would love some advice, Morgan :)

I would NEVER rely on it, keep looking for work and improving yourself in other areas and do this as something you do when you're at home or whilst looking for work, its never a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. Current affairs, comedy and beauty/makeup are extremely popular on there but its still hard to get views and a loyal fan base. Your idea does sound quite good but I wouldnt get your hopes up too much just in case it doesnt work out so well, but good luck if you choose to do it :)

If you want to start making youtube videos do it. But remember that its not easy and a lot of people end up giving up. If you look at the people who are well known on youtube they have stuck with it. Mainly if your just doing it for the money then it will show in your videos remember to be passionate. You could start today making videos. I'm in college and I'm almost about to graduate I started youtubing as a hobby and I plan on doing so. Remember to have fun because there are going to be a lot of days when you feel like giving up and quitting altogether.

yeah...i agree with Michael in everything.....specially the part where you SHOULDNT RELY ON IT!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I agree with the others, just do it for fun. If you're expecting partnership and lots of money then you are going to be very disappointed and it will lead to you giving up. Just do it for fun and if it takes off then that's great, if not, don't worry and stick with it if you are enjoying it.

I want it to become my way of making a living too, but I'm going to have to figure out something to do in the meantime as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back