Is it weird to not have ads played?

Star Wars Geek

I've been back to being monetized on my channel for almost a week now. I lost it back in Feb. when YouTube went to the 4k/1k requirement. Since being reinstated and seeing green icons on all of my videos, so far, there have been no monetized playbacks. Which I find odd after 2,500 views have taken place.

I've been through a few rounds of emails with YouTube support where I keep being told that ad rates vary by country and I should look through my analytics to understand ad rates by country but I keep saying that's my point...there isn't anything. Just no data.

Last year when I was monetized with far less views I was at least earning a cent or two a day.

Have things changed so much that to have no ads played back is now normal? I'm not getting a direct answer from YouTube support so for any of you who have recently been remonetized what has your experience been? I don't feel like something is setup right on their end since everything looks fine within my settings. Could there be monetized channels but no ads get played?

Thanks for any feedback
Erin

I've been back to being monetized on my channel for almost a week now. I lost it back in Feb. when YouTube went to the 4k/1k requirement. Since being reinstated and seeing green icons on all of my videos, so far, there have been no monetized playbacks. Which I find odd after 2,500 views have taken place.

I've been through a few rounds of emails with YouTube support where I keep being told that ad rates vary by country and I should look through my analytics to understand ad rates by country but I keep saying that's my point...there isn't anything. Just no data.

Last year when I was monetized with far less views I was at least earning a cent or two a day.

Have things changed so much that to have no ads played back is now normal? I'm not getting a direct answer from YouTube support so for any of you who have recently been remonetized what has your experience been? I don't feel like something is setup right on their end since everything looks fine within my settings. Could there be monetized channels but no ads get played?

Thanks for any feedback
Erin

Hi. I have just clicked on 1 of your vids ("Star Wars 3.75" Saga Collection McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper Review) to test and there was a skippable ad before the video for a product/service that is related to my viewing/surfing history. I immediately (after 2 seconds) quit the video so as not to cause you any problems with clicks. But don't worry, there are ads being shown. :)

Thanks, I just saw an ad too and immediately stopped watching to not get in trouble myself. Maybe the person I was emailing saw what I was saying...or maybe it just took a while to kick in. Prior to this I wasn’t seeing anything on my checks and I went through a handful because I know ads don’t play every time.

I thought about deleting this thread because I’m not looking for traffic to keep checking my channel but I’ll leave it for information purposes...like I said, maybe it just takes 6 days for things to kick in.

I'm having the same thing.
Not had an answer out of YT support yet but I'm thinking it takes a little while for the analytics to catch up.

Your channel is showing Ads, no need to worry about it. I just think now is kind of normal that not everyone will see ads, it's like we are just sharing the ad space with more creators and not every view will show an ad. I noticed this with my 100K views video where I only had like 25K monetised playbacks. I understand is also depends on the country and ad-block etc but that will be my guess.

I'm having the same thing.
Not had an answer out of YT support yet but I'm thinking it takes a little while for the analytics to catch up.

Same for you BBQ Chef, I went to your channel and saw an ad

Yeah about 1/3 of my total video views get converted to monetization views, but i guess that represents ad blockers, No relevant adverts etc

Back