Is it really possible to transfer a youtube channel to another gmail address?

Tropical365

I've Got It
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section... but I'm trying to find out if these instructions really work as I'm having trouble with it:

I need to change the gmail address my youtube channel is using... of course youtube won't allow me to... so it seems I must simply create a "brand channel" and push it to use my "brand channel" and then I must create a new MANAGER... then I need to invite the new MANAGER and then 24 hours later it will allow me to make the MANAGER the PRIMARY OWNER... then I can DELETE my old gmail address and start using my preferred gmail address for my channel.... anyone here do this successfully??

Thanks for any advice!

PS: I got these instructions on youtube from a video you can find it if you type in the below on youtube you will see the instructional video I'm referring to:
(2017) How To Change Your YouTube Account Email (2017)

EDIT: OMG sorry for the typo in my thread title... I can't figure out how to fix it! :(

URGENT!! i just tried this and it appears my entire channel got deleted!!! :( I am devastated! I simply transferred ownership to my owner gmail address and now the entire channel is gone! [DOUBLEPOST=1506971623,1506971450][/DOUBLEPOST]So strange.. I can find my channel on youtube but now I can't access anything when I login with my old gmail address or my new gmail address... it simply shows that I have zero videos when I login and that I have no channel... meaning it prompts me to create new channel. What a nightmare. I have no idea how to fix this.[DOUBLEPOST=1506972718][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoops sorry. I was wrong. It just needed a few minutes to update in the system... pheeew! I was able to successfully change the gmail address on my youtube channel. All is good now :)

URGENT!! i just tried this and it appears my entire channel got deleted!!! :( I am devastated! I simply transferred ownership to my owner gmail address and now the entire channel is gone! [

There's nothing like having your channel deleted to get the heart pumping!
That, and of course, getting 100+ videos demonetized all in one bang. I'm think of you @babyteeth4

URGENT!! i just tried this and it appears my entire channel got deleted!!! :( I am devastated! I simply transferred ownership to my owner gmail address and now the entire channel is gone! [DOUBLEPOST=1506971623,1506971450][/DOUBLEPOST]So strange.. I can find my channel on youtube but now I can't access anything when I login with my old gmail address or my new gmail address... it simply shows that I have zero videos when I login and that I have no channel... meaning it prompts me to create new channel. What a nightmare. I have no idea how to fix this.[DOUBLEPOST=1506972718][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoops sorry. I was wrong. It just needed a few minutes to update in the system... pheeew! I was able to successfully change the gmail address on my youtube channel. All is good now :)
Glad everything worked out in the end!

Everything works great now. I successfully changed the gmail address for my youtube channel :)

Last edited:
The youtube that I used to watch video on my old phone won't work on my new phone, as it only has an update button that will only keep buffering.

Back