Is it possible to revive a dead YouTube channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicsterV

Loving YTtalk
My YouTube channel is dying, and it's really worrying me. At 130,000 subscribers I only get around 1,000 views a video, and I was wondering if it's even worth it to keep making videos on this channel? Could I revive this channel even after it's dead and start getting more active, new subscribers, or should I just restart on a new channel and tell my current active subscribers to come over to the new one?

What, in your opinion, is the reason your views started going down? How could you guarantee that you'd get any more views on a new channel? I would see what videos got you the most views and try making the same type of videos and see what happens, rather than trying to start all over again.

1000 views per video is still a lot (to me). I would suggest looking for new places to share your content and engage new viewers with questions/interactions. maybe hold a contest or something?[DOUBLEPOST=1453180086,1453179800][/DOUBLEPOST]just looked at a couple of your videos and im not sure if it's in all of your videos because i just watched breifly, but maybe you can try putting your face on the screen so the audience can see your reactions while doing let's play. i see a lot of let's players doing picture in picture with their webcam so maybe that will help increase audience interaction? i'm still a very small channel so you don't have to take my advice seriously but i would try it out at least.

Xingcat is right. WHat do you think you could do differently on a new channel that you cant do here.
The problem is as stated - you feel your channel is dying.
But look at the reason, a channel dose not simply die with no cause.

1. Inactivity will kill it if people think you have stopped uploading.

2. Stale content will kill it. If people feel your videos are not entertaining anymore they are not going to bother watching.

3. Better channel that does what you do has come along. Also like woody mentioned, a charismatic person with a webcam over the top of the gaming channel is going to probably attract more viewers than just the voice over.

TLDR; Whatever you think you can do on a new channel better than what you have done now - could easily be implemented on your current channel.

In a sense i can relate to your situation. My numbers have never been anything like yours but I restarted my current channel in 2013 and the channel before that i had like 900 subs but the channel was dead. I needed a new direction and felt happy when I restarted and now I have a very loyal audience who I'm very greatful for. It's a tough call for you though. The question is a bit tougher for you as your audience is much larger. You can start again but what would you differently to attract new subscribers?

My YouTube channel is dying, and it's really worrying me. At 130,000 subscribers I only get around 1,000 views a video, and I was wondering if it's even worth it to keep making videos on this channel? Could I revive this channel even after it's dead and start getting more active, new subscribers, or should I just restart on a new channel and tell my current active subscribers to come over to the new one?

Try sticking to one thing and mix it a little, I see you're channel got big mostly because of "Try not to laugh challenge" video. Or am I missing something?

Unless you have some brand new idea, it is always better to stick with an established channel with that many subscribers. I think the best way is to spice up your content, maybe your subscribers are a bit wary of what you have been making on the channel.

A quick look at your channel reveals that most of your views are those "Try not to laugh (challenge)" videos. People who came there for those videos, probably aren't going to be the slightest bit interested in watching you play Minecraft or whatever. So if those people subscribed for more of such videos, and you haven't been providing them, then those subscribers are going to stop watching, or even unsubscribe.

Let me just confirm that's the case. Your last "Try not to laugh" video, was 2 months ago. So I'd expect that's when you started seeing a drop in overall views. Looking back at 2 months ago, you're getting 2-6k views per video or more, then around 2 months ago that drops down to about 1k or less. So yep, that looks like the cause.

If you make fans from one style of video, you can't expect them to enjoy a completely different style than what you came to your channel for. Now, if making "Try not to laugh" videos isn't as fun for you as your gaming videos, then do both. Make a "Try not to laugh" video each week, so that those subs keep coming back - and then do gaming videos in between. That way, when people come for the "Try not to laugh" videos - the ones who *ARE* interested in gaming videos, will also check out your other stuff at the same time, and those who aren't? Well at least they watch the "Try not to laugh" video, and don't unsubscribe. :)

So you think the problem is that I'm not posting the try not to laughs anymore? What about my content inside of the videos? What do you think I can improve on in terms of the videos?

So you think the problem is that I'm not posting the try not to laughs anymore? What about my content inside of the videos? What do you think I can improve on in terms of the videos?

I would tell you to do more "try not to laugh" compilation videos, but then again that would be s****y advice because people can take down your videos or you can get into trouble if you monetize clips without owning the rights.

One of your videos got 52 Mill1 Which is impressive, but on the other hand it was from your "try not to laugh series"

I know you uploaded minecraft but it seems to me your subscriber base is more interested and they did subscribe to you for the "try not to laugh (impossible)" video series.

Uploading Minecraft and those blooper,news clips, is very,very different.

This is up to you, but in all honesty if you try sticking to uploading mainly or mostly minecraft it's going to be some-what difficult to grow. Yes you have the subscribers but they are more interested in the clips you do for your "try not to laugh series",

if you think you'll be fine by uploading more of those, than by all means go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back