Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Hey everyone, I've been using Instagram and twitter as my main social media platforms and I was wondering what your thoughts are on Google+ ... since it's pretty much linked directly to youtube, do you think it's the right move to create a G+ profile? Is it worth it, and if so how exactly would you put it to good use?

Thanks!
HM

When G+ first came out I spent a lot of time there and got a fairly large following.. That was 3 years ago..
Today, Google Plus is dead - all that remains are marketers (aka spammers) and self-proclaimed SEO "experts" all trying to convince each other that Google Plus is still going to put Facebook out of business.

Dont believe me? Try this experment: Pick 5 or 10 friends that you know in real life and ask them these three questions:
1) Are you on Facebook at least once per week?
2) Are you on Twitter at least once per week?
3) Are you on Google Plus at least once per week?
Then, do the math..

All that said, it wont HURT anything to create a G+ Profile - it would not be a "wrong move".. I just would not waste a lot of time on it.

If you are using Facebook, it's trivial to set up a G+ account and just duplicate your Facebook posts onto G+. While the platform may be "dead" among actual users, because it's a Google-owned property there is much speculation that Google search weighs G+ content more heavily than other content on properties that google doesn't own. So, there's possibly a nice SEO boost by posting to a G+ page, and if you are already creating content for Twitter and Facebook, it's silly not to post all of that to Google Plus as well. More exposure for very little effort.

there is much speculation that Google search weighs G+ content more heavily than other content on properties that google doesn't own. So, there's possibly a nice SEO boost by posting to a G+ page

Not anymore.. The only 'boost' was if you a G+ user, other G+ user posts may show higher in search results.. But since nobody uses G+ it doesn't really do anything.
Again, all that said, it doesn't hurt..

Not anymore.. The only 'boost' was if you a G+ user, other G+ user posts may show higher in search results.. But since nobody uses G+ it doesn't really do anything.
Again, all that said, it doesn't hurt..

Hmm. According to Google themselves, having a Google+ presence does positively affect your Google search rankings, even in 2017.

"Google’s top brass has said that your participation on Google+ is part of what it considers when ranking your website on search results. In other words, if you ignore Google+, Google will ignore you. – Joan Stewart, PublicityHound(dot)com"

There are multiple authoritative sources for this, but apparently I'm not allow to post the links here. :-(

----------------
From Wall Street Journal, January 2017
DOES GOOGLE PLUS IMPROVE SEO
Even though Google+ has been around for more than five years, it continues to remain largely not quite understood by businesses as to how it can help them to improve their online visibility. For those who question the utility of adding yet another social media platform to their digital marketing, the answer is a resounding yes. Here’s why businesses should really try and unlock the power of Google+.

Uh huh..
Neither of those are authorative sources, but yes, start using Google Plus and you will soon rank #1 for all of your search terms and traffic/views will skyrocket!

/sarcasm
..ain't gunna happen...

Ranking #1 and getting skyrocketing views wasn't the question. It was asked if creating a G+ profile was "worth it." Google themselves says that it is part of the search algorithm. I was simply stating that. That's all.

Ranking #1 and getting skyrocketing views wasn't the question. It was asked if creating a G+ profile was "worth it." Google themselves says that it is part of the search algorithm. I was simply stating that. That's all.
I know i know.. Sorry..
I spent so much time on G+ Seeing SEO "Experts" spout non-stop how if we didnt have a Google+ page our websites would crash and burn I get a little over-sensative about it.
You are right, it's worth it, can't hurt.

If you are using Facebook, it's trivial to set up a G+ account and just duplicate your Facebook posts onto G+. While the platform may be "dead" among actual users, because it's a Google-owned property there is much speculation that Google search weighs G+ content more heavily than other content on properties that google doesn't own. So, there's possibly a nice SEO boost by posting to a G+ page, and if you are already creating content for Twitter and Facebook, it's silly not to post all of that to Google Plus as well. More exposure for very little effort.
I'm going to give it a shot, as you said, it's not a lot of effort to just share whatever I post on the rest of my social media. Let's see how it goes :) Thanks!

It's simple to post automatically to g plus when you upload. Also you can see who in your circle is subscribed to on YouTube. It's easy and simple so I say yes. Can't guarantee anything though

Back