Is a channel banner all that important?

Jamiet88

The Talk Handed One
I have a channel banner i threw it together in a few minutes after uploading my first video.

I was just wondering is it really that important, how much of a difference does it actually make?

It's branding, So people when the think of your channel they could possibly remember you for your channel art. Or your profile picture.

Right ok i get it, it's just a style thing and maybe a last minute decider for someone to subscribe if they maybe weren't going to from just your video content

Of course it's important. Your channel is your brand, and you got to sell your brand. People are instinctively drawn to images and graphics. The more professional your channel looks, the more professional feeling it will get. When you have a professional looking banner, avatar, thumbnails, etc. people are more willing to click on them and/or subscribe. Most people do this without realizing it.

Let's say you have two websites. Both websites have the same information, but one has graphics and images, while the other one doesn't. They are essentially the same websites, but people will enjoy/keep coming back to the website that has graphics/images.

I think it's very important.
If it looks professional, more people will probably take an interest in your channel.

Depends.
I think it looks nice and does brand yourself, but it truly depends for what type of channel you have.
I recommend it though :)

I think it helps draw people into your channel once they've visited. If you have something eye catching or different they'll be more likely to watch another video.

I think a channel banner is super important! I just got mine designed the other day, If you cant do it yourself try going on fiverr and ordering a gig for 5 dollars, that's what I did and I am very happy with the results! I also think it helps makes the channel look more professional. Hope that Helps!

Back