iPhone 5 a good camera?

the most I would spend is 200-300 dollars

Is the iPhone 5 a good camera? It depends what the application is and where your standards are. Within your budget, you will not be able to get anything worth upgrading to. The iPhone 5 is good for simple shots and vlogging. Anything else and you will run into high dynamic range problems and a terrible rolling shutter effect. Once you can increase your budget, look into consumer grade DSLR's and camcorders.

One of my friends uses and Iphone 5 for his videos and tbh they are really good quality, Just as good as a normal camera which is too be expected as they cost about the same. Also if you want to do some editing on an Iphone try an app called "Splice". Its pretty simple to get too grips with and its FREE!! Also easier than transferring all your footage to a computer. Hope this helps ;)

its ok for vlogging. but now if you want to be a serious vlogger or make serious skits. you will need something a little more hight quality then that. like a dslr with audio equipment[DOUBLEPOST=1375581403,1375581124][/DOUBLEPOST]
what's a really good camera (better than iPhone 5) that I can save up for and what's the price?
well depends are what you are going for dslr are the first major step into film making because they have the option to use lens only issue is they are 1000 dollars and up and the lenses can cost just as much as the camera and more. plus with a dslr you need audio equipment. and that can be expensive. i heard the sony nex which is around 400 is a really good choice and you can use lenses on it. but you will need an audio set up. if you are just starting out i would suggest maybe an inexpensive hd camcorder for around 100 or 200 then work your way up from there. but remember do your research. audio is just as inportant to the video as the video itself

The camera that I have films in the same quality as my iPhone 5. I only use it when the camera needs battery usually, because the audio on my camera is better, but I've managed to get pretty good results from it so far :)

This is what an IPhone 4S can do: /watch?v=Ptz_ybNRavg

So, yeah, your IPhone 5 is more than enough if you know how to use it. You can have 5D Mark III but it doesn't really matter if you're not good at film making. If you're thinking about upgrading go with the Canon DSLR (preferably Rebel series).

Its a great camera and records in full 1080p HD.
To get the best image from it though, you really do need to make sure you light your subject very well. It has a small sensor, so you want as much light to enter as possible. In dark areas, or in poorly lit areas, such as in the evening etc, you may start to see some pixelation.

Back