iPads for editing

Macs are really expensive aren't they?

I'm just worried to use my pc as I would rather just keep my pc for music studio

They are really expensive for less good power. Keep your PC and install your editing software on it too \^n^[DOUBLEPOST=1371686911,1371686824][/DOUBLEPOST]
What specs would a laptop need for it?

Desktop PCs are way cheaper for better power, remember you can edit music and video on a mac ;P
Will answer rest of questions tomorow, night M3

I feel as though an Ipad would not support the programs necessary to produce videos. Not to mention if you could somehow jailbreak the Ipad to do so, it would not function well and would really struggle due to the lack of processor power and storage capacity. I'm also unsure if the programs that you would like to use have touchscreen compatibility.

However what you can do is try using your PC as a video making device, and if you are unpleased with having those programs on your PC, you can also uninstall them, or you could create a restore point before you put any video editing software/files on your computer, then just reset to that restore point if you end up not liking it.

----

Also, I don't feel calling someone stupid, dumb, or high is an effective way to help someone out asking a question about something that they are unfamiliar about. Not everyone is an experienced video editor, please take a nicer approach next time, you just sound like a jerk otherwise.

Although an iPad can be used for editing - it'll produce very basic videos. By that I mean you can knock up a video with some title effects, some transitions, and some end credits. Ive seen some pretty good videos all edited on an iPad, so it can definitely be done.
How do you plan on getting the content from a 600D onto the iPad in the first instance?
Personally I still recommend a computer over any mobile device for editing - try to skimp on stuff now and you'll only regret it later.

Back