Intro making software

I used Adobe After Effects for my vlog intro. I think it just jazzes my vlogs up a little bit ... :)

Hey guys, does anyone know any cool intro making software for my YouTube videos? I would love to be able to make my own GOOD intros but I've only been able to use PowerPoint and not so good intros. :(

It would be greatly appreciated it u reply to this thread with a list or something!

Many thanks, jrchappyminecraft
If your after 3D intros, you would be looking for Blender or Cinema 4d, mine was made in blender using a template, and i get compliments on mine the whole time, so dont be afraid of free software.

As for a 2d one, After effects is pretty easy to use in my opinion, just a few tutorials for some things, but once u get the hang of it, simple!:D

Intros are great as long as you keep them UNDER 5 seconds. They need to do only one thing and do that one thing really well. There are too many template based intros on YouTube now and they're all starting to look exactly the same. That's NOT what you want for branding. My suggestion is to make your own montage of shots/images/animations using Vegas or something. I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing that intro with the 2 lights sliding down some lettering of a youtube channel name... I instantly close those vids.

So make sure your intro does that one thing, etches your brand into the viewers mind.

I prefer After Effects for motion graphic type stuff, i.e intros. Though if you learn a 3d program like Max, Maya, Cinema 4D, or Blender (free!) it can do a lot to add to it. And remember, keep it short, the viewers come there for the video, not for the intro.

Back