Instagram to promote a channel

Only problem is, unlike you, I don't have a visual product, so I think I may struggle

That's true to a point, and super yachts make for very attractive photos that draw followers fairly easily. My persona plays some part in having a successful strategy, but people come for the yachts...not for me.

In your case your personality is so much more important to your success, and having seen some of your videos I really think you could do very well with your channel. There are so many great role models for you to follow as far as Instagram is concerned. Gary Vee, Tim Schmoyeur, Roberto Blake...they all have Instagram accounts that are focussed on themselves and their day to day activity. Photograph yourself when you are in your office, out for a walk, playing sport, eating at a restaurant, but remember that you are building a community and it will take time. I can guarantee that if you don't start now you will look back when you have 10,000 YT subs and wish you had built an Instagram following in parallel. I speak from experience.

Also, and at the risk of sounding preachy,
see if it worth time and effort.
Instagram really does not take very much effort, certainly not in comparison with YouTube. It might add 10% to the time that you are spending on building your social media presence.

That's true to a point, and super yachts make for very attractive photos that draw followers fairly easily. My persona plays some part in having a successful strategy, but people come for the yachts...not for me.

In your case your personality is so much more important to your success, and having seen some of your videos I really think you could do very well with your channel. There are so many great role models for you to follow as far as Instagram is concerned. Gary Vee, Tim Schmoyeur, Roberto Blake...they all have Instagram accounts that are focussed on themselves and their day to day activity. Photograph yourself when you are in your office, out for a walk, playing sport, eating at a restaurant, but remember that you are building a community and it will take time. I can guarantee that if you don't start now you will look back when you have 10,000 YT subs and wish you had built an Instagram following in parallel. I speak from experience.

Also, and at the risk of sounding preachy,

Instagram really does not take very much effort, certainly not in comparison with YouTube. It might add 10% to the time that you are spending on building your social media presence.
You've definitely convinced me of the value proposition. I'll jump into it and see what happens. Thanks again

I would love to know how you get people over to your channel in terms of strategy?

Do you post a picture and have a link in the description to your video? How many insta followers do you have? Thanks!

Ah usually i'll just put to find out more head over to XXXX :D For facebook yeah its just a pic with a link in the description. Also one thing that I must stress regardless of platform, try to answer as many comments (both good and bad comments as well)as you can ^^. People will appreciate that. My current standing 6k followers on ig, 10k plus on youtube and facebook page around 1500 plus. It is small but healthy growth for me ^^

I've been running instagram in tandem with my youtube channel now since I opened my channel about 6 months ago...what I've found is that rather than bringing people to my youtube channel via instagram; my instagram has kind of taken on a following of its own. I somehow have more people following my instagram account covering the behind the scenes of my youtube channel than I do people actually watching my youtube channel :eek: I have no explanation for this because I pop the link to my channel in most of my posts and its quite prominant on my profile page...according to my analytics as well I've had no traffic come from Instagram at all in all the time the accounts been open...so...I mean...it something I suppose...but it doesnt seem to translate...

I've been running instagram in tandem with my youtube channel now since I opened my channel about 6 months ago...what I've found is that rather than bringing people to my youtube channel via instagram; my instagram has kind of taken on a following of its own. I somehow have more people following my instagram account covering the behind the scenes of my youtube channel than I do people actually watching my youtube channel :eek: I have no explanation for this because I pop the link to my channel in most of my posts and its quite prominant on my profile page...according to my analytics as well I've had no traffic come from Instagram at all in all the time the accounts been open...so...I mean...it something I suppose...but it doesnt seem to translate...

Think I'm gonna get an account, everyone is pretty sure of the benefits. Thanks :)

I have an Instagram account that has over 9,000 followers currently. I have promoted my YouTube twice with a trailer video and a link to my channel in the description. I gained no new subscribers on YouTube unfortunately.

I'm also trying to be active on all social media. It's difficult to drive traffic directly from insta, because it doesn't support links in the posts. But showing your content and receiving the feedback is very important and insta can help with this. So I say YES to Instagram! :dance:

I have an Instagram account that has over 9,000 followers currently. I have promoted my YouTube twice with a trailer video and a link to my channel in the description. I gained no new subscribers on YouTube unfortunately.

Thanks for your insight. I think there is a value in Instagram as a branding tool, but it sounds like pulling in subs isn't the best idea.

I'm going to set up an account this weekend!

Back