In Camera Transitions

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
I saw Peter Mckinons video on this. Im trying to figure out how he does it. Do you start with say a zoom up for the start of the transition, then zoom down to finish it off? And how would you stitch that together in the video. Im new to this tenquiue and would like to learn it.

I saw Peter Mckinons video on this. Im trying to figure out how he does it. Do you start with say a zoom up for the start of the transition, then zoom down to finish it off? And how would you stitch that together in the video. Im new to this tenquiue and would like to learn it.

I just had a look at Peter's video, he is just doing the action for the video before the cut and then is just cutting to another clip straight after (use , and . on youtube to go forwards and backwards one frame so that you can see it). I've seen some people (such as Casey Neistat) doing it with both the clip before and after the cut too if you were to do it that way you would move the camera in the same direction at both times and then join them at the blurry parts. Either way is fine really, depends on what sort of look you're going for.

Back