I'm adding content more regularly but have no subs :(

AlwaysASN

YTtalk Mad
Hello,

Like I said above, I'm making more and more content, and in 3 weeks I will have a plethora of stuff to add to my channel!

The issue is I don't know how to get the word out or get anyone to sub.

I'm not just your average lets play gamer, I like to review and add some skits, and just enjoy myself.

Regardless of who I am, does anyone have any advice they can give to someone who desperately wants to move his sub base from 23 subs to well... as many as possible!

Thanks in advanced especially if you didn't 'tl;dr'

gaming is hard to increase subs at first, on my ggaming channel i'm stuck at around 30 as well so any info that pops up in this thread i could use it as well :p my suggestions are to collab and talk to peoples on forums and social networking and such :D

You need to identify your target audience. Figure out where they hang out on the internet. Go there and put your videos in front of their faces and give them the opportunity to click on your stuff. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.
Create accounts on tons of forums! Create relationships. build some cred there. Then start posting links to your vids. That would be what I would do with gaming.

You need to identify your target audience. Figure out where they hang out on the internet. Go there and put your videos in front of their faces and give them the opportunity to click on your stuff. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.
Create accounts on tons of forums! Create relationships. build some cred there. Then start posting links to your vids. That would be what I would do with gaming.
i agree with that, kind of, i woudn't say spam though, if you're going to post on a forum, don't just post your videos links all over the place, look around the forums reply to some threads, talk to people and get to know them and just link in your sig or create one thread for your videos, dont spam them though i never click spammed vids lolz

i agree with that, kind of, i woudn't say spam though, if you're going to post on a forum, don't just post your videos links all over the place, look around the forums reply to some threads, talk to people and get to know them and just link in your sig or create one thread for your videos, dont spam them though i never click spammed vids lolz

I should be more clear. Don't spam on forums. But spam all over the internet. Find places to dump links. Create places to dump your links.
mytv
squidoo
stumbleupon
digg
go viral videos facebook page
create a blog and post your vid and write a short paragraph about it (www.mattv2099.com)
chill
tumblr (http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mattv2099) my tumblr is starting to take off! people are reblogging me!
facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/matthewjamesbeast) my facebook is going crazy!
9gag
twitter
reddit

I spam the hell out of all of the above.

On forums I do what I said above. I try to post some meaningful messages as well as drop some links to relevant vids of mine.

Read everything you can about search engine optimization. Tag your videos properly and get your videos to show up first in youtube and google searches!

I should be more clear. Don't spam on forums. But spam all over the internet. Find places to dump links. Create places to dump your links.
mytv
squidoo
stumbleupon
digg
create a blog and post your vid and write a short paragraph about it (www.mattv2099.com)
chill
tumble
facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/matthewjamesbeast) my facebook is going crazy!
9gag
twitter
reddit

On forums I do what I said above. I try to post some meaningful messages as well as drop some links to relevant vids of mine.
ah i see, yea thats the way i do it as well, i thought u meant just make an account and post loads of link of your vids xD yea the way you meant is the best way :D

mytv
squidoo
stumbleupon
digg
chill
tumblr (http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mattv2099) my tumblr is starting to take off! people are reblogging me!
9gag
twitter
reddit

Read everything you can about search engine optimization. Tag your videos properly and get your videos to show up first in youtube and google searches!

OY....

The technique and meticoulous planning that goes into this makes me nervous... I have no inkling where to start...

But yeah, I don't want to start a facebook page when I have no followers, that would look silly and sad no?

And I definitely need to look in finding good forums to spread my videos to.... Where is the key term for me... Who is my target audience....

Would you (or anyone) recommend paying $20 for some spots on YouTube? Or would that be a bit of a waste?

OY....

But yeah, I don't want to start a facebook page when I have no followers, that would look silly and sad no?

Would you (or anyone) recommend paying $20 for some spots on YouTube? Or would that be a bit of a waste?

Every Facebook page starts with zero followers. My facebook page has grown larger than my youtube subscriber base! I get more views from the facebook page than my sub box!

Don't pay for adwords. If you want to pay for anything then pay faceook to promote your fan page. You can target larger fan pages and have your ads show to specific people who like specific things.

Back