If you delete monetized videos do you lose the money you made with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eurogirl

sometimes when i check on socialblade.com website i see when it calculates the earnings and a user has deleted a video it says :
VIDEO VIEWS : minus -****
ESTIMATED EARNINGS: minus -****$
is it really like that? you lose the money from your adsense account if you delete a monetized video? that doesn't sound fair to me, because the ads were already displayed.... why substract the money from your accound??

or isn't it like that? i'm really confused. thank you for any replies! :)

No, you get money for the ads that display on your video, not the video itself. So if you delete the video, you just stop making money from it but you keep the money from the ads that have already been displayed while it was still up. Deleting a video probably just kerfuffles socialblade's analytics system.

Socialblade doesn't actually know what people are making, they just estimate based on views. So whenever someone does something that changes their view count SB's estimation changes.

Yep, this is one of the crutches to SocialBlade. I can see the intrigue of having a salary estimator, but their formula is flawed. It's really just the difference of your total viewcount in a 30 day span. Obviously, if you delete a video or have a video taken down, those views disappear from your total view count. Delete enough videos and you might even be considered in the "negative" and SB will show that you have a $0 salary, which is obviously wrong. I would only consider the estimation to be correct if a channel has been coasting and had a consistent amount of views across the year.

This is an old thread from 2013, and the OP hasn't been back in almost 3 years. I've locked it to prevent confusion about who is still active on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back