Ideas for Gaming YouTubers

SnowAspire

When it comes to gaming channels, it can be extremely hard to hold viewer attention. Games come in HUGE and either fizzle out quickly or keep a large audience for about a year. The problem with the big games is that everyone wants to cover them. Call of Duty, for instance, has tons of very popular people uploading YT videos everyday. From my own experiences, its ok to upload videos of popular games. Just don't make that your main thing.

A great strategy I have found (and currently starting to use) is finding the very cheap or free games offered by Steam, Sony, Microsoft, and others. These are games that just about everyone gets because They are so affordable. Making videos with these games has a higher potential to to get your channel views and subscribers. I'm not saying get the most boring games. Pick out the ones you wouldn't mind playing.

Some of you may do this already, but I figured I would throw the idea out there for anyone that doesn't.

Thats a really great idea, I have branched into steam a lot, but my Alienware is starting to die on me sad times! so have been more to console gaming of late:( I think the thing as you stated as with new releases so many people will try are cover this at once. so a few lesser known games might be a popular way to boost the channel

Thats a really great idea, I have branched into steam a lot, but my Alienware is starting to die on me sad times! so have been more to console gaming of late:( I think the thing as you stated as with new releases so many people will try are cover this at once. so a few lesser known games might be a popular way to boost the channel
I get that problem with my PC. It's not a gaming computer by any means. Just a Walmart HP with an updated graphics card. I'm trying to build a new pc for gaming, but the graphics card cost is holding me back lol

Another great idea is playing indie games , there are a couple of websites you can find them and most of them aren't much demanding either.

I get that problem with my PC. It's not a gaming computer by any means. Just a Walmart HP with an updated graphics card. I'm trying to build a new pc for gaming, but the graphics card cost is holding me back lol

You can buy graphics cards for pretty cheap. Obviously the lower end ones anyways, i have a gaming pc, was pretty cheap and i have a Nvidia Geforce GT 710 graphics card and to say its a low end card...its really not bad at all

Another idea is to look for games that don't have a lot of videos, it's difficult to do but it's possible, if you can get on the first page of youtube search that's a big help to getting your videos seen.

It's not the games as much as it is the person. When someone hits subscribe it's usually because they like the YouTuber and what they do on YouTube. They usually couldn't care less for the game they're playing. Like Cinemassacre used to do just skits about a nerd who played old Nintendo games. Now they do live streams, talk about consoles and games, etc. and have sustained most of their subscribers in the process.

What I would suggest is go onto random websites like Kizi that have tons of different games some of which aren't recorded that much.

Back