i7 3930k vs i7 3770k

I'd be worried if someone did think it doubled the power tbh, it definitely doesn't work like that, generally works at about 50-80% extra.

But yeah, lets put it this way, I can get a 2Gb 660 for £160, I can get a 2Gb 680 for £350. Benchmark tests show that 2 x 2Gb 660's in SLI outperforms 1 2Gb 680, and that would cost £30 less :)
Fair enough, that's only in SLI compatible applications though. And fair enough I agree with you there, it's always going to be like that as the latest hardware costs 2x the price of the former downgrade.

I've met so many people that believe SLI is superb and one guy was considering getting 2 Titans in SLI that he though would give him 12Gbs of Graphics Memory and I kept telling him no no no you won't -_- And that is just so f*****g expensive aswell.

I personally went the AMD route as spending thousands of pounds on a new Intel setup just isn't within my financial scope. So I got the highest end AMD setup you can pretty much get. For probably half the price of a similar Intel setup.

Fair enough, that's only in SLI compatible applications though. And fair enough I agree with you there, it's always going to be like that as the latest hardware costs 2x the price of the former downgrade.

I've met so many people that believe SLI is superb and one guy was considering getting 2 Titans in SLI that he though would give him 12Gbs of Graphics Memory and I kept telling him no no no you won't -_- And that is just so f*****g expensive aswell.
f*****g hell, one Titan costs about the price of my PC :L
No, SLI is only effective if used with the mid-range cards, if you put 2 high powered cards in SLI or Crossfire, it just bottlenecks the GPU.

f*****g hell, one Titan costs about the price of my PC :L
No, SLI is only effective if used with the mid-range cards, if you put 2 high powered cards in SLI or Crossfire, it just bottlenecks the GPU.
Yep, it's sickening isn't it when you see super rich people wanting to splash their cash ignorantly.

I know, I mean, I'd love an insane PC as much as the next guy *cough* *cough*, but I'd only spend money like that if I'd won millions in the lottery or something :p
This is what I'd spend my millions on if I won cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/d-wave_quantum_computer-528x500.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1369049077,1369049040][/DOUBLEPOST]It's a joke, that's a quantum computer >:D

This is what I'd spend my millions on if I won cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/d-wave_quantum_computer-528x500.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1369049077,1369049040][/DOUBLEPOST]It's a joke, that's a quantum computer >:D
Haha, cause that's totally worth it, y'know ;P

You can figure out the answers of time and space on a digital computer, just play FTL ;)
Haha, tis a good game, needs more stuff you can do on your ship, multiplayer, and PROPER decompression! (people flying out of airlocks within seconds, probably on a super realistic/hard mode)

Haha, tis a good game, needs more stuff you can do on your ship, multiplayer, and PROPER decompression! (people flying out of airlocks within seconds, probably on a super realistic/hard mode)
Exactly, that's proper difficult gaming there!

Back