I recieved 2 false copyright strikes on 2 hours.

OldGodKing

2 hours ago, I had uploaded a game play montage of Dark Souls 3 with a music track from Rollomatik included. Couple of minutes later, it was removed for "Inappropriate Content" and I received my first strike and only mentioned that I 'broke' some community rules without ever specifying what exactly. I had assumed it was because of the copyright music even though I didn't monetize the video and I never do since I make videos as a hobby. It's just a montage between my friend and I.

I went back and removed the music from the video and re-uploaded it about an hour ago. Now I come back to find that once again, the video is removed for the same reason and I'm 'awarded' with a second strike to my channel. Of course, I appealed the strike both times. The second time makes zero sense because nothing in my video was infringing on copyright and neither was it harmful content as far as I can see in the Community guidelines.

I don't want to risk uploading another version just to have my entire channel and years worth of back catalog deleted because YouTube is messing up. Or maybe I'm missing something? I've looked through the guidelines many times and clearly many other people are uploading Dark Souls 3 footage in general so why is my videos being targeted?

Last edited:
My first thought would be that it might be the gameplay, but as you said, people have uploaded footage from Dark Souls 3 as well, while never getting strikes. So this is beyond me.
I don´t have any experience of getting strikes, so I cant help you, but other people here could help you!

"Inappropriate Content" is not the same as a ContentID match so it does not sound like a copyright issue.
Was there anything in the video that might upset/offend/hurt feelings of anyone? Imagine if your grand-mother was watching it - at any point would she cover her mouth and say "ohh my!" . ?

You might want to send a tweet to H3H3 And get in contact with FUPA (Fair Use Protection Act) This sounds unfair and they can help you get rid of the strikes by telling you what to say and how to say it.

"Inappropriate Content" is not the same as a ContentID match so it does not sound like a copyright issue.
Was there anything in the video that might upset/offend/hurt feelings of anyone? Imagine if your grand-mother was watching it - at any point would she cover her mouth and say "ohh my!" . ?

The video was titled "Dat Lag" because of the unstable connection we both had at the time. For the game play, it was just a 10 minute PvP brawl with a friend. The only other thing I could imagine was the subtitles I included in the video. Most were just things like "wut?!", "uhh..." and emoticon "T___T" and a message at the end poking fun at Windows 10's Game Bar recording which was this specifically - "Remind me never to use Windows 10's Game Bar again.... (So much artifacts in the recording...)"

That's all there was in the video. As far as I can see, nothing I mentioned here goes against community guidelines and this is the first time in years I've ever gotten a strike. Even if I appealed the strikes, there's no conversation. Either YT brings back my videos or they'll reply with another computer-generated message and be done with it. It's nonsensical.[DOUBLEPOST=1496585539,1496584027][/DOUBLEPOST]
You might want to send a tweet to H3H3 And get in contact with FUPA (Fair Use Protection Act) This sounds unfair and they can help you get rid of the strikes by telling you what to say and how to say it.

I can't DM Ethan for whatever reason but I did just send an email to FUPA that details my situation. I'm not expecting much to happen but I'm just hoping they can tell me what was wrong about my video since all my others weren't removed.

Atm no one has responded yet but I think I know the problem. The character my friend was playing was named "Xvideos.com".
I even wrote it in my video description so that's most likely the cause of it. Oh well, I just have to wait for two weeks before I can upload again. =/

Atm no one has responded yet but I think I know the problem. The character my friend was playing was named "Xvideos.com".
I even wrote it in my video description so that's most likely the cause of it. Oh well, I just have to wait for two weeks before I can upload again. =/
yeah, that would definitely trigger some flags. What an unfortunate name to put in the description.

Back