I may have solved it!

Liquidsolidus9000

I Love YTtalk
I'm sure I'm not the only person that's ever thought of this, but I've been thinking of a while of a way to stop "First" comments and their cousins, ("Second" "Third" etc.), and I've started now, when I upload a video, comment "All 'First' comments or anything similar will be deleted", and a fella replied to one of them saying something about how he wouldn't post first anymore, so it seems to have made at least some impact :)

I always just respond back with "Congratulations!" It doesn't bother me that people want to be the first commenter. I actually appreciate it because it means that they're excited to be the first one to see our video.[DOUBLEPOST=1368242003,1368241925][/DOUBLEPOST]Sometimes we also just comment "FIRST!" to be funny :D That usually stops it too.

People get too into it and worry about the small things, while in reality if there is a viewer who wants to put "First" in the comment section means that you have a loyal subscriber and it actually helps your video, not sure why you would even worry about such thing

The comment will eventually be buried under others if the video becomes very active. Don't worry to much about it. :)

For me I get annoyed with it because whenever someone posts "First", it starts a chain of "second" "third, ands so forth, and so when I upload a video and check back later and see its got like 8 comments just to see they're just "First" "Second" "Third" etc. it's a bit annoying, and I'd consider it just a form of spam

For me I get annoyed with it because whenever someone posts "First", it starts a chain of "second" "third, ands so forth, and so when I upload a video and check back later and see its got like 8 comments just to see they're just "First" "Second" "Third" etc. it's a bit annoying, and I'd consider it just a form of spam
Not sure if you are aware of how youtube ranks your video but it actually looks at participation which includes comments as part of that, so you may consider that spam but what you are missing infront of you is that there are people who are willing to do that, stop focusing on the negative and humor them to get them to watch some of your other videos, expand your comfort bubble online a bit and you will like what you find

Back