I lose subscribers every time I put face my on camera.

JRTrax

Super Poster
I'm not really concerned with it. Just an interesting observation. Sometimes I get on my camera and discuss things I am thinking about. Mostly I cover Madden and other sports games. So I thought it would be kind of fun for my viewers to see me sometimes. But every damn time! Every time man. Right now I am down 5 for the day after posting a video asking my viewers to show another YouTube friend some support as he is dealing with some life stuff and had to stop putting out videos for the time being. I'm guessing I'm so horribly ugly that it send my viewers running for the hills every time they see my mug. It's the only theory I have. Like I said. I don't really care. I worry more about views and watch time anyway.

Omg no! Don't say that! It's just a cioncidence, I'm sure no one is unsubscribing because of how someone looks! Keep posting and be confident and believe in yourself!

Omg no! Don't say that! It's just a cioncidence, I'm sure no one is unsubscribing because of how someone looks! Keep posting and be confident and believe in yourself!
haha! The thread is kind of a joke. I'm completely confident. I just find it funny.

Hey dude, watched a few of your videos, and although I have absolutely no idea what was happening; it's clear in yoru voice that you're passionate about the sport and your channel.

In terms of the issue you're having; if you're not concerned with it, keep on going! However, if you see an obvious pattern between adding a facecam and lost audience - consider changing that! :p

i believe its a cleaning bot, that detects if the channels subscribed to you are active or not and if they are not, they unsubscribe them from you, happened to me a while back and even now, it might take 1 or 2 away but i gain before i notice it.

However, if you see an obvious pattern between adding a facecam and lost audience - consider changing that! :p

Keep the mug off the Tube! It's solid advice. Ah maybe people don't look to me to discuss real stuff outside of Football.[DOUBLEPOST=1484872055,1484871987][/DOUBLEPOST]
i believe its a cleaning bot, that detects if the channels subscribed to you are active or not and if they are not, they unsubscribe them from you, happened to me a while back and even now, it might take 1 or 2 away but i gain before i notice it.
This is one highly sophisticated bot. Damn JR put his face on video again! Clean his channel!

Maybe it's the content? People get mad when they see things that are out of your normal content.
Just for the sake of conversation, and I know you can't help it, but don't you think that's a weird thing to get mad about? I like this dude's channel except when he says stuff I don't like. I'm never watching him again! People are so weird.

Sometimes I feel that I lose subscribers every time I upload new content :/ This is definitely true for Instagram. But so what? I didn't start YouTube for the subbies; I started YouTube for the views, and for the viewers to benefit in some way or another, even just a smile, from watching my videos. :D

I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence.
I don't think people unsub to you just because you show your face.

Back