I have ideas but don't know how to begin!

Jennifer_S

Hey everyone! I don't have many videos posted but the ones I do have up are sort of rants. I have two ideas that I would love to work on but just don't know how to begin as they wouldn't be a rant. One idea is to do something I hate and talk about hating it: IE I hate taking a shower, and in the video I'll be showering *** PG RATED!!!*** and maybe getting soap in my eyes, falling and various other stuff as a joke. Another video I have thought of is what a girl is like on a first date. The second video I would have to do a voice over where I'm doing the actions but not speaking and then recording my voice. *not sure if it's called a voice over :p* and the idea would be for example, girls wear uncomfortable clothing, barely eat and are quiet, so the thoughts would be spoken as I'm going through the motion.... am I making sense?! haha so, how should I go about filming this and/or scripting it?

halp!

Hey everyone! I don't have many videos posted but the ones I do have up are sort of rants. I have two ideas that I would love to work on but just don't know how to begin as they wouldn't be a rant. One idea is to do something I hate and talk about hating it: IE I hate taking a shower, and in the video I'll be showering *** PG RATED!!!*** and maybe getting soap in my eyes, falling and various other stuff as a joke. Another video I have thought of is what a girl is like on a first date. The second video I would have to do a voice over where I'm doing the actions but not speaking and then recording my voice. *not sure if it's called a voice over :p* and the idea would be for example, girls wear uncomfortable clothing, barely eat and are quiet, so the thoughts would be spoken as I'm going through the motion.... am I making sense?! haha so, how should I go about filming this and/or scripting it?

halp!
you have some good video ideas and you can start on your script preparation as soon as you get to it and then get the camera's rolling lol:p

One idea is to do something I hate and talk about hating it: IE I hate taking a shower, and in the video I'll be showering *** PG RATED!!!*** and maybe getting soap in my eyes, falling and various other stuff as a joke.
You could do this as a vlog. Prepare the things you want to say and capture it like most people do in a vlog. Then you capture the examples and cut them in your video. The vlog text can go over the other scenes or have a small break.

The second video I would have to do a voice over where I'm doing the actions but not speaking and then recording my voice. *not sure if it's called a voice over :p* and the idea would be for example, girls wear uncomfortable clothing, barely eat and are quiet, so the thoughts would be spoken as I'm going through the motion.... am I making sense?! haha so, how should I go about filming this and/or scripting it?

In this case I would write down your voice over first. Then you can base your handling on the voice over. You can play the voice over and act over it. *Don't forget to press record on the camera*
It's good to capture some ambient noise and sound effect's of the movements you do so you can re-add them. (If you play your voice over and act at the same time)

hey Jennifer,
the way i script is that is have descriptions as a paragraph then indent when ever their is any lines for example,
tim walked into the bar... and ordered a drink, the audience sees a light coming through some worn wood in the wall

bob: stop right their!

tim: you will never catch me alive!

blah blah blah they all die

You lost me at PG Rated...

j/k You can script it however you please. You are the one who has to understand it, you don't have to meet any industry screenwriting standards.

Not quite sure what to say about the filming / editing. Where to starts. Kinda depends on your experience.

Back