How to reach subscribers with text post?

.KC.

I've got a small channel (about 1,915 subs) and I want to be able to make a text post but I don't have a community tab. I've still got the old discussion tab and thats it. If I make a post in my discussion tab, will my subscribers be notified? I suspect not. Is there any way to do this or am I doomed until I get a community tab on my channel?

Not sure I can be of great help here but I'd of thought, trying to move your subscribers over to Twitter or Facebook would be the best way, then ask them to turn on notifications so when you post, they can see it much quicker

i think the only thing you can do in this situation is make the best of what you have

in your newest video, preface it by showing your text-post

alternatively, in your newest video, pin a comment with the post you want to make

or you can do both, to get the most people aware of what youre trying to convey

when searching your question on google, i did get this though (the article was updated in august, 2018):

This is one of the awesome features from YouTube that helps to send a juicy link, and drive more traffic your way — and that’s an awesome thing to have, even in 2018.

YouTube allows us to post a message on our channel feed, just like they allow you to upload a video or make a playlist. When you write a post and include a juicy URL link, it will show up on your subscribers “all activity” feed.

You can learn how to do this in no time at all. All you need to do is follow these 4 steps:
  • Log in to your Google account. Go to your YouTube channel. Find and click on the home button under your channel name.
  • In the menu tab, select “feed”:
  • Type your YouTube message along with your custom URL to your site, your article, or any preferred destination. Don’t forget to add http:// prefix before the URL to make your link clickable and then click“post”:
  • Your post will appear with a clickable link on your channel feed and your subscriber will see that post on their “all activity feed”:

Back