How To Promote YouTube Videos

unknown_user7464758

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Most people on YouTube will want to know how they can effectively promote their YouTube videos and many struggle with the issue of not wanting to go out there spamming others and have no ways of getting word out there about their videos and channels. In this article I will teach you how you can make sure your videos are promoted in the best ways possible, much of it is common sense for more seasoned YouTuber users but not everyone understands the importance of trying these out.

It all starts with a little bit of social media...

Sites like Facebook and Twitter are so popular these days, everyone and their grandma has one and these websites can become a major source of traffic in both the beginning and long term.

If you have a Facebook profile and actively use Facebook it may be time for you to start sharing your videos with your friends by posting an update on your Facebook wall. Every time you do this they will see your update on their Home feed and more often than not, they will play your video. Now these viewers may not be your initial audience who regularly come back or even comment but these views count and help towards becoming more successful on YouTube.

Post updates about your channel or videos regularly on your profile so others can read about your channel and stay up to date, those who aren't subscribed you can peak their curiosity by regular posting content related to your channel. Always try and keep these updates as genuine as possible, the typical "Check this out" will go ignored, write something about what the video is about and be polite, there is nothing worse than being impolite and begging, coming across to others as desperate. Avoid this as much as you can by being as engaging as possible with your Facebook friends when it comes to promoting your videos and channel. Try your best to be creative when posting Facebook updates, ask questions to those who have liked your page and try and keep them coming back for more, the more engaging you are with them the better, you want them hooked.

Not everyone will want to share their videos with their family and friends through Facebook and this is where you may look to alternative methods of promoting, you can still succeed without Facebook but having it will be even more beneficial for you and your channel.

Tweets and Twitter

If you have a Twitter account with any kind of following you can regularly update your Twitter feed posting Tweets to your followers, always remember to stay active and post non promotional content wherever you are promoting, be natural about it and it should blend with your normal activity on such sites.

If you dont have a Facebook or Twitter account it may be a good time to get one and start using it to help promote your videos as well as help with networking.

There's more than Facebook and Twitter

There are alternative social networking websites and bookmarking websites than Facebook and Twitter, you could choose to use the others too, here are some I know of that are alternatives although they may work differently that you may find useful to use:

Reddit
Pinterest
StumbleUpon
Digg
Squidoo
Delicious

There's more than YouTube

Did you know there's other websites you can upload your videos to as well as YouTube? One thing which can help is having your videos posted to these other websites driving people back to your YouTube channel:

Vimeo
Dailymotion
Blip.tv
FunnyOrDie

Responding to a video with a Video Response

On YouTube you can respond to another persons video with a video of your own that is related and this video will display on the video watch page of the video you responded to if approved by the channel owner once you submit it. Many people think video responses have to be actual responses but they dont have to be, say you had a video about fixing a wheel on a Subaru and someone made a video talking about Subaru wheels, you could post your video as a response to theirs. As long as it is related you will stand a higher chance of getting approved.

To post a video response sign into your YouTube account and on the video you are responding to click within the comments box to leave a reply and then click the Create a Video Response link, from there you can select one of your currently uploaded videos or opt to upload a new video to attach as a video response.

See this picture below for where the Create a Video Response link is if you are unsure:

View attachment 2243

There are shared benefits to doing video responses and accepting them, if you posted a video response to a video gaining lots of views on a daily basis, your video will be showing just above the comments section on the video allowing their audience to come and click through onto your video, at the same time, their video shows above your own comments section, it is like mutual promotion of one another and can help bring in more views especially when their audience may find your video interesting or useful in some way.

In my own opinion I think it is always best to respond to videos that are not exceptionally popular or ones piled with video responses, I believe it is best to respond to those which have a decent amount of views but not so many responses already, after all, you want yours to be seen and not drowned out with hundreds more by other people.

Promoting on YTtalk YouTube Forums

YTtalk.com is where you are right now it is a community where YouTubers come together for sharing and seeking YouTube related advice and help and it is a rock solid community full of interesting YouTubers with exceptional undiscovered video content. Many are here to network and make friends and help people such as yourself out but the added bonus is the ability to be able to regularly promote your video and channels.

We have a dedicated forum called Videos, Channels, Reviews and Milestones that members may promote within once per day and a VIP Membership (which is paid for using virtual YTtalk Cash earned by posting and being active) that allows you to embed a video within your signature as you post.

These features coupled with a strong and friendly community experience makes YTtalk a great choice for many YouTubers, they can get the advice they need, network with others who are like minded and also find others who may be interested in their videos.

YTtalk has helped so many people gain their initial subscribers by being an active and helpful member on the forums and it can help you too if you are community minded.

Promoting on related forums

YTalk is not the only forum you can promote on, the internet is filled with communities just waiting to see your videos. Signing up to these and taking part regularly as a good member can help with your channel if you link to it within your signature, some even allow you to have a video in there too which will help with getting people to click especially if you have attractive thumbnails.

Choosing the right forum is important, if you do gaming videos then a gaming forum is relevant and will likely help you the most, if you do beauty videos then a beauty related forum will be best. To find forums the best thing you can do is type the niche in with the word "forum" or "forums" on Google, for example to find gaming communities, search for "gaming forum".

Whatever you do be natural about things so others dont perceive you as a spammer or an attention seeker, be helpful and supportive of others so you are giving and not just taking from these communities.

Never giving up

Where many people will not succeed is when they give up entirely, promoting videos to others is not so simple, you wont see hundreds of views in an instant, nor will you see comments flying through suddenly, you will see small amounts but these small amounts dont remain as small amounts. Over time your numbers will grow, your audience will become more regular watchers and will eventually become true fans and followers, nurture them, nurture your channel and content and do your best to promote regularly and I believe you will succeed, perseverance in anything always pays off if you are determined. Never give up and keep going, it is only a matter of time before success comes your own way and I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for reading :)
Lovely Advice! Thanks for posting this! :D

JakesyDude

Hey there! :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I've searched YouTube for tips on how to gain subscribers/views, but all they say is have good videos and make them good quality. I've even asked people I know who have 100 subscribers or 1K subscribers, and all they say is to work hard on my videos. It really annoys me because spending 5 hours on a video isn't gonna get you more views. People don't go on YouTube and look up "amazing videos" and click on the guy with 3 views on his video. They're gonna click a video with 100K+ views. This was an amazing read! Starting out by sharing your videos with your family and friends is the best way to get started on getting subscribers and views. Let's say you have 10 videos, an you have 20 family members and 50 friends who you're connected with on Facebook. If each of them watched all your videos just twice, you've already gained 1.4K total views on your channel! Then ask them to share it with their friends and family, and that can quickly double, then triple, and so on. Thanks for that great advice! :up:(Sorry for the double post.)

ilovebanannas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the great advice! It's already working really well. I love Stumble Upon! :D

Kreiss

Reaction score
Wow, this has been really helpful! I started only with Facebook but am now trying other techniques thanks!

Gaz Patterson

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
thank you gonna have a good read of this, hopefilly it will work fingers crossed