How to promote the channel with children's theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, there are suspicions that some channels are not playing by the rules.

To increase your own videos being recommended alongside your videos, have your channel name in your tags. It also helps if you have good Audience Retention. If viewers stick around and watch a decent amount of your video, it is likely that YouTube will recommend more of your videos to them.

I've also wondered about a few toy channels that have exploded in popularity in 6 months or less. Admittedly they seem to appeal to kids and my daughter is crazy about them, but some channels appearing out of nothing 6 months ago and attracting hundreds of millions of views in such a short time... it boggles the mind. Do you think it's possible for a channel to explode so quickly without them cheating? I'm just curious if the success of these other channels can be replicated in an honest way?

Also wanted to ask you what in your opinion is the key to growing a toy channel as you have done with race-grooves. I have a lot of respect for what you've accomplished. Watched your channel quite a bit with my daughter in the past. :) I have a young toy channel that I'm building with my wife so curious to know from you what advice you would have for new toy channels, especially in today's highly competitive arena. Everyone seems to be having a go at the genre so very difficult to get noticed. Sorry to put you on the spot... hoping you have some pearls of wisdom for us newbies. :)

This makes a lot of sense. You hear a lot about retention on this forum but not a whole lot about what Youtube actually said they would more specifically focus on, with regard to the suggested video algorithm, and that's overall session length. Parents sit their kids down with a tablet or remote and the kids just jump from one video to the other (like you said), and are likely to have insanely long session times, which would increase the chances of most of the videos watched being ranked highly by the suggested video algorithm.
I have my daughter as reference (I don't know the behavior of other kids, but they might be the same). They watch video after video after video on my tablet. They generate a lot of watch time, and don't forget kids keeps coming back to the same videos and watch them over again! I'm very sure my daughter is watching some long videos over 50 (!) times! That's a retention rate of 5000% from 1 viewer!!!!!

If there are multiple kids like that, then off course Youtube will rank these videos very high!

I would hangout at local nurseries and skating rinks after hours and offer kids candy. After they accept then explain the only thing sweeter than candy is watching your channel.

hi[DOUBLEPOST=1465900193,1465900053][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi everyone,
I just started my youtube channel and it's really taking so long to gain more views and subscriber, I just want to know if you guys may give any tips to gain more subscribers and views?
thank you!

You should start a new topic rather than replying to one from 2015. I took a glance and your oldest video I could find via my iPad was only a month old? If you're doing YouTube for instant success, you're going to be disappointed.

Last edited:
@markkaz.. sorry about that, just did that before navigating the whole forum page, but now I manage to find myself some of the details about posting and started the pleasing way. thank you again for the reminder..cool channel by the way!:up2:

how to promote the channel with children's theme? there are a lot of channels that are have 15,000 subscribers for 3 months and on 24 hours video have 20,000 views. How do they do it?

Its and interesting question!
A good friend of mine lauched the kids channel 6 months ago and it its crazy successfull _over 80 mio views taking into account that contest is redicious ..he is not painter and just move Frozen Elsa ans spyder figures over the screen
So I hired a team of animators and launched my own channel_
Here is the stuff we produce GIGGLING KIDS TV on youtube
the cannel is only 1.5 months old but to be sincere I have no idea how my friend could reach those results without initial ads of his channel
I invest some solid money into marketing (youtube ads) and only in this case organic views number grow..
probably the market of kids content is getting a bit crowded so more efforts and investments needed to break through
it takes 4 persons a day to make a video like this Giggling KIDS TV ___ Frozen Elsa Anna Spiderman vs Godzilla Fire Dragon in Egypt
I hope quality/ patience and investmens will do their job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back