How to Make Awesome Thumbnails

BoltDesign

Hi =D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
What is stroke and drop shadow
A stroke is a thick or thin outline that is applied on a layer, this option is available on most decent to high standard editing programs such as Photoshop, GIMP, or other editing softwares. A drop shadow is basically a shadow which is applied to give a layer more depth and realism, or can just be manipulated into a block shadow depending on what you're creating. Was that clear and concise or was that too complicated? If you still don't understand go to youtube and search up "how to apply a stroke in photoshop" or something similar to that. :3

Reactions: Webchat Boys

ActionXGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A stroke is a thick or thin outline that is applied on a layer, this option is available on most decent to high standard editing programs such as Photoshop, GIMP, or other editing softwares. A drop shadow is basically a shadow which is applied to give a layer more depth and realism, or can just be manipulated into a block shadow depending on what you're creating. Was that clear and concise or was that too complicated? If you still don't understand go to youtube and search up "how to apply a stroke in photoshop" or something similar to that. :3
Thanks for explaining it, it was very helpful.

Reactions: BoltDesign

MrSkerzzzz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what do you guys think about my thumbnails? the Terraria ones sucks, i know but loadout and castle crashers?

ThreshPrince

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Tits to bring them in , thoughtful images to make them stay!

Gametrix

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usualy try to make sure that my thumbnail pertains to that video and kinda show what it is about while adding some of my personality into it (humor)

Mr.Sky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Nah, tits get more views

Just ask shane dawson.
As weird as it sounds, it's the truest thing ever written, some friends of mine had a channel where they would make Let's Play's of Hentai Games, and the thumbnails were always so revealing...and uhh... yeah, they got alot of subs and viewers......But then they got flagged a bunch of times and the channel was shut down

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody

KipsCourt

Reaction score
Thanks! I've always been scared of making thumbnails because I don't edit well or stuff like that, but I will try my best to start following those tips!

PandaPlays

Reaction score
To be fair, your right. You should make a tutorial on how to make your profile picture!

TheEdBoys

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is a very helpful guide. Have you thought about making this into a video?

SkorvaHD

Reaction score
Thanks for this, I find it easier to make the banners for some reason. Maybe its the space you get to play with banners that makes it easier for me