How To Make an Effective Channel Trailer?

Secret Peters

Liking YTtalk
Hey everyone, I need some help with making a GOOD channel trailer that will encourage people to check out my channel and subscribe, any got any suggestions or tips? I know right now mine is kinda crappy so I need to work on it more.

I checked yours out. Maybe shy away from labeling it "Subscribe to... etc" but instead make it more like "Introduction to my channel" or along those lines. It makes it more personal and seem like less of a command. Other than that, you need to tailor your trailer to whether or not you will be promoting it across YouTube. Also go for something short and sweet, less talk, more examples of what you feel is your best content.

I have a few channel trailers and introductions on my page, so feel free to check them out for extra ideas. In my opinion, the first 5 seconds needs to be very catchy, to grab their attention. So put your best clip at the beginning.

I tried a few diffirent ideas when it comes to a channel trailer. I found the most engaging to be a somewhat humorous take on your content. Obviously this only works if you have a rather humorous take on your own content. If you a channel about sick kids or something I wouldn't do it. The best advice I can give though is make it under 30 seconds, your trailer will only be viewed by nonsubscribers and most of them will leave your main channel in a hurry to either watch your video or move off the channel, so try to get your message out as quickly as possible. Consider it a commercial, do the 4 minute commercials normally sell you a product? Or is it more about that quicky 15 second movie teaser.

Back