How to increase video quality, and views!

Turtle

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Some good advice, but I don't agree with all of it.
There really is no need for 1080p in many videos, many people don't have the bandwith for it and it really is overkill for some games. 720p is more than enough really..
I think I did put in the post that I rarely watch in 1080p, but if they can handle and are some quality freaks go ahead xD haha

Reactions: Styxie

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think I did put in the post that I rarely watch in 1080p, but if they can handle and are some quality freaks go ahead xD haha
Yea for sure, only worth doing for amazing looking games though :p
Minecraft in 1080p is a bit silly x)

Turtle

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea for sure, only worth doing for amazing looking games though :p
Minecraft in 1080p is a bit silly x)
Yeah, I think bigger youtubers should just 720p as it don't make that much of a difference imo. Help them upload quicker

Reactions: Styxie

Edward.K

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Today I am going to be speaking about how to improve your videos quality, which will increase the number of views you get as people like to view higher quality content!
I will go through several categories like thumbnail, audio etc. Lets begin!

Thumbnails
I think thumbnails are the first sign of a good video, I rarely click on a video I find through the YouTube search as it doesn't have a thumbnail, this may be personal preference but I think quite a few people may agree.
Now, I understand that not everyone can get custom thumbnails, but a way to get around that is by putting the image before the video starts for about 5secs as you can choose that period of time to be as the thumbnail.
If you do have the ability to upload custom thumbnails, here is some free software that you can use to create them!
There are web-based ones out there, I tend to avoid these, just a personal preference.

Content
The content you produce also has to be high quality, many people do not watch a video if it isn't at least 1280x720, I rarely ever watch in full HD but if your computer can handle it, please go ahead and do full HD

Another way to improve your video is by background music.
If you are doing a tutorial, I think background music increases the quality. I wouldn't recommend using background music on a 30min clip, it may get annoying if listening to the same song loop over and over for that long period of time.
A great site I have found is https://machinimasound.com/ they provide royalty free music, all they ask in return is credit in the description! They even let you monetize your videos!

Commentary
I made this into it's own section because I feel I may ramble on about it

Commentary is a important part in any gaming video, as it brings something extra into the commentary if you speak directly to your viewers.
However, if you have a microphone that has a lot of background noise, and has that constant high pitched ring then I would advise getting a better microphone because this will turn away potential viewers!

I hope this quick guide has helped, if there is anything else please leave a reply and I will try and help!
Very good article .. thanks for sharing. :cool: