How to have a successful gaming channel

RoleplayingRykin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with the swearing part. I am Irish (not off to a great start) and my dad is from south USA (he is a redneck jk) and everyone around have filthy mouths on them.
When I started out my language was terrible. But After a few weeks I realised two things, people who resort to swearing are trying to fill the gaps in there commentary cause they lack the knowledge of the english language to fill that gap. Not hitting on all commentators that do this but most that I have seen do this. There is always another way to express shock or frustration. Also on that rare occassion you drop the F bomb it has more of a comedic effect cause you rarely use it.
Also I realized my little bros watched my vids and started running there mouth, now I am the father figure in their life and If they were my kids I wouldn't want them watching someone who used fowl language. And what if I become the reason someone elses kids begin cussing .
As a result I stopped using the really nasty ones. It was hard at first but now it is no longer instinct.
I prefer watch clean comms

Rails646

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this :), a lot of really good tips here a lot of Youtubers like me will really take on board.

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Cool tips!!! Thx!!! I'll use this into my gaming channel :D

xSWEUK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Amazing post man :) Good advice here, although, would it not be better to have an audience of just one game on your channel to maximize views on each video? I can imagine the "let-down" if you are just starting out and you get inconsistent video views. I would rather have a consistent amount of views on all of my videos. Might just be my opinion.

The Mahano

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I agree with the swearing part. I am Irish (not off to a great start) and my dad is from south USA (he is a redneck jk) and everyone around have filthy mouths on them.
When I started out my language was terrible. But After a few weeks I realised two things, people who resort to swearing are trying to fill the gaps in there commentary cause they lack the knowledge of the english language to fill that gap. Not hitting on all commentators that do this but most that I have seen do this. There is always another way to express shock or frustration. Also on that rare occassion you drop the F bomb it has more of a comedic effect cause you rarely use it.
Also I realized my little bros watched my vids and started running there mouth, now I am the father figure in their life and If they were my kids I wouldn't want them watching someone who used fowl language. And what if I become the reason someone elses kids begin cussing .
As a result I stopped using the really nasty ones. It was hard at first but now it is no longer instinct.
I prefer watch clean comms
Too right dude[DOUBLEPOST=1366750913,1366750884][/DOUBLEPOST]
Amazing post man :) Good advice here, although, would it not be better to have an audience of just one game on your channel to maximize views on each video? I can imagine the "let-down" if you are just starting out and you get inconsistent video views. I would rather have a consistent amount of views on all of my videos. Might just be my opinion.
Fair enough

RoleplayingRykin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think the best way to do it is have a backbone video game like let's say you play COD or Minecraft. that way that is your loyal following and your style of channel then have slots in your schedule or days where you upload something different to try and bring in new people to follow your backbone content

q2foou

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You should make a YouTube video on this great tips i'll try to use them. :)

HyperG

Reaction score
I do giveaways for my gaming website, haven't really started making videos for my YouTube channel yet, as I yet to make a motion graphics package for it, I just really want to make it intense but intense takes time. Giveaways are a great idea for vloggers trying to gain attention, although I do feel at times my crowd of 760+ facebook users don't tend to interact much.

DawgethPlays

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Those release day videos can make a channel, I've seen it happen with a buddy of mine - instantly jumped hundreds of subs within a week. I don't play many new games, but I'm sure it'd help.

Great advice!

xSWEUK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think the best way to do it is have a backbone video game like let's say you play COD or Minecraft. that way that is your loyal following and your style of channel then have slots in your schedule or days where you upload something different to try and bring in new people to follow your backbone content
This is what I was trying to get at, thanks for having a bigger english arsonal haha. I think if you are partnered and the partnership allows it, make a second channel for vlogs and other games than your niche.