How to handle an MMO series?

sickmind33

I Love YTtalk
I recently started a series on PokeMMO, a new game in its alpha stage. Its "story" is based on Pokemon Red, so I have somewhat of an idea on what to do.

I try to have guests when they're available, but I do need help.

How should I handle a series on this MMO?

You could join one of the PokeMMO servers (it's been out for ages btw). Then just play the game with a few mates?

It's basically just going to turn out like a pokemon let's play unless you join a server and do things with a group of people.

From what I've seen, a series showcasing certain parts of the MMO often works. I don't know anything about this particular game (though I assume it's a fan build, not an official one) but if it has a crafting system, you could do a couple of videos on how that works. You could do videos on PVP, on how to make money in the game, etc.

Generally, MMO's are story weak so a multi-episode series just LPing the plot probably isn't the best idea. You have to think "what would people search for" when deciding what videos to do.

I'm a little late on this, but I agree with what they both said actually. Doing an original Lets Play on an mmo like that, will be quite boring. But if you invite some friends along who also play that game, then you could do some funny battles with eachother. I think that'll turn out pretty cool. Or you can kinda have a story behind one lets play. Instead of showing the whole thing episode by episode, play on your own and when something interesting comes along, like a "Quest for Articuno" or something like that, record that and cut it up to make the whole thing interesting. Just my POV on this, good luck!

Back