How to grow a large gaming channel.

kwanZV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I already agree with your comments even before I started YT - I'm not a big fan of let's plays unless there's something engaging about a particular game. I'm striving to record gameplay and videos which I think I would want to watch, whilst being genuine and not overdramatising everything.

I''m pretty passionate about gaming so in my mind, I want to create discussion videos, my personal thoughts on a particular franchise etc, my favourite games, to me that is infinitely more engaging than watching a random LP.

Time will tell if it works, but at this moment in time, I'm really enjoying creating videos and don't feel like its a chore.

AntonBro

Reaction score
Damn this guy has 1.000.000 subs and still posts here... my respect!

GoldSnoopy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Question! Is it better to have the channel focused around one specific game? An example would be a channel that only uploads league of legends videos, would it be a good idea to mix a channel focused on league of legends with counter strike videos and vlogs or should I just keep it to one game on the channel? Thanks!

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great advice but it's all things I already do try to do, but my channel is still stuck in limbo with inactive subscribers, poor video performance, no community interaction, and no signs of growth after 4 years of work. What would you recommend?

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great thread uberdanger. I agree with the let's play part which is ironic since i do them(for now). This may sound weird or lazy or something but what can we define as good content? What makes a good video? Good audio, good video, good personality. Have all that then what? What if you make great let's plays? It probably won't get many views and it's oversaturated. You got the right equipment then what? You don't have the personality? Making great content, what is it? Idk that always confuses me. But great thread though and hope you continue your success. :)
I took a look at your channel. I would say to this day, I'm confused to what it is that you want to do for your channel. Music Artist, NBA, or General News? If you're trying general news, that's going to be a tough one unless every news related video is a trending one that everyone is looking for. Other than that, I would say, find a niche and stick to it, and build a base of subscribers and following then start adding other little segments.[DOUBLEPOST=1503846068,1503845867][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think it also depends a lot how much you upload. Like I have good audio and video quality, a researched script and lots of editing with Premiere and AE, still almost noone gets to see my vids because of youtubes algorhythm.
Also you see so many crappy channels tjat just got bigger because they got promoted through their friends. So yeah :/
I checked out your channel. I would say, more appealing thumbnails are needed and more energy when you speak in your videos. I think overall you have a good concept to your channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1503846399][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great advice but it's all things I already do try to do, but my channel is still stuck in limbo with inactive subscribers, poor video performance, no community interaction, and no signs of growth after 4 years of work. What would you recommend?
Your content is very straightforward, and it's heavily niche. I'm not sure how many people search for the kind of videos that you make. I'm not trying to discourage you from making videos about stuff that you like, but do understand that one of the hardest ways to be found is doing things that no one is particularly looking for.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I took a look at your channel. I would say to this day, I'm confused to what it is that you want to do for your channel. Music Artist, NBA, or General News? If you're trying general news, that's going to be a tough one unless every news related video is a trending one that everyone is looking for. Other than that, I would say, find a niche and stick to it, and build a base of subscribers and following then start adding other little segments.[DOUBLEPOST=1503846068,1503845867][/DOUBLEPOST]

I checked out your channel. I would say, more appealing thumbnails are needed and more energy when you speak in your videos. I think overall you have a good concept to your channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1503846399][/DOUBLEPOST]

Your content is very straightforward, and it's heavily niche. I'm not sure how many people search for the kind of videos that you make. I'm not trying to discourage you from making videos about stuff that you like, but do understand that one of the hardest ways to be found is doing things that no one is particularly looking for.
I am not a Minecraft channel though. I do other things too. Plus my channel has been doing horribly even before I started doing Minecraft.

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am not a Minecraft channel though. I do other things too. Plus my channel has been doing horribly even before I started doing Minecraft.
But your most popular video is a Minecraft video? So, can we say that you are still lost to exactly what it is that you want to do. I would recommend finding a niche and sticking with it. Making how to content around it, show that you're expert to whatever it is that you want to do with whatever game. That's my advice for you.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But your most popular video is a Minecraft video? So, can we say that you are still lost to exactly what it is that you want to do.
I'm not lost to exactly what it is that I want to do, and I don't know how you even came to that conclusion.
I would recommend finding a niche and sticking with it.
Which I already have.

KyvaDos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thank you very much for your helping tips[DOUBLEPOST=1504533176,1504529440][/DOUBLEPOST]thank you very very much for your tips bro , and your channel it is awesome