How to get your subscribers to follow you on other social media?

Hey Jesse!

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering how some of you get your subscribers to follow you on other social media. I'm a 6000+ channel but on most of my other social media, I have a less then 100 people following. I always put my social media links in the description and mention it at the end of the videos. I want to be able to interact more with my viewers and keep them up to date with new upcoming videos. So what are your techniques and are they effective?

Maybe find a way to incorporate it into your channel? Like a weekly or monthly readings twitter comments/tweets and the same with other platforms, that's really all I can think of momentarily but I'm sure there's a few other ways to bring them to your other platforms

Try shouting it out the the beginning of your videos, not many people stay till the end of the video. Don't drone on about it tho. Just real quick be like "Hey guys, thanks for clicking on this video, follow my twitter for more hilarious content." and MAKE SURE, you have a visual queue displaying your twitter username. Again not overwhelming just a little pop up.

and i wouldn't recommend doing this on every video, just the ones you think are going to get some good traffic.

Give them an incentive to follow you on other social media platforms. Just asking them to follow you elsewhere isn't enticing enough for most people to do so. Whether that's incentive like @XXLRay mentioned, such as BTS or bloopers, or even updates on your content, there has to be a reason they should connect with you elsewhere. The biggest way many channels get viewers to follow them on other platforms is through giveaways. The more desirable the giveaway, the more likely they will follow you on other platforms if it's a requirement to be entered into the giveaway.

Follow the example of larger youtube channels like Matthias. His many channels are social media heavy and he plugs his social media throughout his videos. He also uses his social media to drive what content he produces. If he teases a future video, he suggest a like goal or a hashtag to let him know that his audience wants that content. Find your youtuber to model your content after and see if you can imitate what has worked for them.

Back