How to get more youtube impressions / views? CTR already high but no impressions!!!

Andy K

renderTimingPixel.png

i have a brand new gaming channel (few months old, 12 or so videos), doing videos for a specific racing video game (currently trending on youtube - and i only covered a single game so far, so i think that's highly targeted), i have about 100 subscribers so far but everything stopped.

i publish new videos every 2-3 days, my videos don't get showed to my subscribers or to anyone else actually. each new video gets 10-20 impressions... CTR is around 20% but still i don't get more than 20 impressions or less per video (per 24-48 hrs)

i tried doing ads or promoting on social media (paid promotion because i don't have a large follower base) but once i stop the ads, the views stop completely - and youtube does not even show my videos to anyone (10 - 20 total impressions per day for 12 videos is extremely low)

how am i supposed to do anything if youtube does not show my videos? ctr is high (20% or more), view time / retention is high (about 60% average)...

do i have to literally throw money at it (buy their ads) or just give up?

focus on content? for what? no one will even see the thumbnails (not to mention the videos). do i need to specific amount of videos of video length before something starts to happen? if that's the case, i can upload blank videos, 1hr long, as no one will see them...
do i need to wait for 6 months for things to happen? if so, i can buy an aged account if that's the case...

is account age a thing? i mean, yt won't show your thumbnail to people if your account is not 6 months old? really curious about this...

Tags will help you gain traffic, comment on other videos and have professional picture. If you’re making videos on something people are looking for then you’ll get most of your traffic from your tags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keep making videos, even if you are getting "no impressions", and what you are saying makes no sense. You are saying that even though people aren't even finding your videos, they are still clicking on them? You can't have a click-through rate if have no impressions, cause that would mean you have no views at all. If you keep making videos, you will start slowly gaining a following and you'll get more views and more impressions, but it takes time. Buying an aged account is actually a bad thing, cause it will have dead subscribers who won't be interested in your content, and that will hurt you algorithm-side. I would just say keep doing what you are doing, maybe try to learn how to better-use thumbnail making softwares like Gimp, and try to get more tags.

i can upload blank videos,

Actually, those videos exist. Black screen and up to 8 to 10 hours of just timecode counting at the bottom! And some of them have hundrends of thousands of views. But the uploaders had a niche and a reason to do so.

So, make videos the best way you can and hope for the best. Analytics in Youtube is like accounting analyze every dice drop on Monopoly to rephrase the known saying.

If you are in for fame and money, yes, it is a waste of time so quit. If you want to get better on your niche, on videos in general and make friends or have some opportunities, take Youtube as it is. Unpredictable with both the good and the bad means...

:)

Back