How to get more views on a let's play channel without paying money.

So...What kind of gaming is good then? Maybe showcases (If you're talking about Minecraft...)

Glichtes, how to tutorials, walkthrough's of the latest games, easter eggs ect. LP's of older games won't get much attention(unless you're already big).

Jesus, just make good content, have fun doing gaming videos. To grow a gaming channel this days is hard as F*** gaming is taking over youtube and it's hard for small channels to grow so just advertise correctly, have FUN and wait. If it's meant to happen the views will come.

Not sure if sarcasm but...I think it's kinda messed up that your response is telling them not to do LP's. They want to do LP's and need constructive advice on how to try to be successful. Why would you tread on someone's aspirations, regardless of the underlying truth of the matter? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a place where fellow YouTubers can go for sound advice and encouragement rather than the opposite? Heck, people having their favorite LPers is fine and dandy, but that doesn't warrant telling someone to flat out not do something because you personally find it boring. Not exactly helping anyone by telling them that people have no reason to watch their videos either.

Now...@UltimaLps, PublicSeaLion and Kate have more or less the right idea on this one. Not gonna lie, this road isn't exactly an easy one to walk, but the most important thing to remember is to ultimately have fun and be consistent. If potential subscribers can see that you're having fun, and can provide to them a pretty steady flow of content/entertainment headed their way then you're well on your way. You'll only reap what you're willing to put forth. So work hard, play hard, and you may yet get there!
This post needs more likes!

Jesus, just make good content, have fun doing gaming videos. To grow a gaming channel this days is hard as F*** gaming is taking over youtube and it's hard for small channels to grow so just advertise correctly, have FUN and wait. If it's meant to happen the views will come.
This is true! I'm currently not getting much views, but I still enjoy what I do; play, record, and upload video games with the twist of my personality.

Like what ShenShen and Synth are already saying, and what I'm about to say, just have fun with it.

This post needs more likes!

This is true! I'm currently not getting much views, but I still enjoy what I do; play, record, and upload video games with the twist of my personality.

Like what ShenShen and Synth are already saying, and what I'm about to say, just have fun with it.
Ha-ha, thanks!

But yeah, the most important thing to do when making an LP is to have fun with it. If you're not having fun then people will easily pick up on it and may get deterred from continuing with that series.

Back