How to gain permission to upload game trailers on Youtube.

Hello i have an channel with 29k subscribers. My question is how to gain permission to upload game trailers on Youtube withtouth copyright claim. I see a lot of youtubers who are upload game trailers and make money from them.

Hello i have an channel with 29k subscribers. My question is how to gain permission to upload game trailers on Youtube withtouth copyright claim. I see a lot of youtubers who are upload game trailers and make money from them.
First of all, you have made an incorrect assumption.

The people who are uploading trailers have ads placed on them, yes. However, the ads are most likely not making the uploader money, but making the company that developed the game money. Those clips in most cases have been tagged by Content ID, and monetized by the copyright owner which means the channel owner gets nothing from those videos.

To get permission to upload and monetize, contact the company that published the game and ask for formal license rights clearance and commercial use rights. You may need to pay for both.

Hope this helps!

You shall get license. Many companies offer licenses for their clips like this one - warnerbros.com/studio/services/clip-and-still-licensing
But keep in mind that the price quotes are very high and if you don't have hundreds of thousands or even million views, you won't reach the break-even.
Using even small parts of commercial clips, movies or trailers with the assumption of "fair use" is a step in the wrong direction, since the copyright holders can claim or even DMCA your video that will lead to problems in the future of your channel.

Back