How to find other YouTubers with similar interests?

Maia84

Hi everyone!

So I joined YouTube a little while back with a gaming channel because I like to talk to others about the game as I go and sort of "do it together" for lack of a better phrase (btw I blame this on my learning to game by watching my older brother as a child lol). But I've been finding it really hard to actually get that interaction on YouTube. It might be a silly question, but how did you find other YouTube friends with similar interests to you? I don't really care about growing my channel or reaching a certain number of subscribers, so most of the advice out there on how to promote your channel doesn't really apply to me. My goal is to find a handful of like-minded people and who are actually interested in following along and chatting.

I've tried searching here by keyword to see if I could find any similar channels to mine but haven't found many that are still active unfortunately. It might be that my interests are just not popular enough, but I figured I would see if you all had any other suggestions for how to find like-minded people.

The current games I'm playing (not to self-promote but to see if anyone has similar interests [if that's not okay let me know and I will remove this part]) are:
-Detroit: Become Human
-Spyro trilogy
-Warcraft 3
-Sims challenges
-Baldur's gate
Does anyone have any interests in these or any suggestions on where/how I might find people with these interests?

Hi everyone!

So I joined YouTube a little while back with a gaming channel because I like to talk to others about the game as I go and sort of "do it together" for lack of a better phrase (btw I blame this on my learning to game by watching my older brother as a child lol). But I've been finding it really hard to actually get that interaction on YouTube. It might be a silly question, but how did you find other YouTube friends with similar interests to you? I don't really care about growing my channel or reaching a certain number of subscribers, so most of the advice out there on how to promote your channel doesn't really apply to me. My goal is to find a handful of like-minded people and who are actually interested in following along and chatting.

I've tried searching here by keyword to see if I could find any similar channels to mine but haven't found many that are still active unfortunately. It might be that my interests are just not popular enough, but I figured I would see if you all had any other suggestions for how to find like-minded people.

The current games I'm playing (not to self-promote but to see if anyone has similar interests [if that's not okay let me know and I will remove this part]) are:
-Detroit: Become Human
-Spyro trilogy
-Warcraft 3
-Sims challenges
-Baldur's gate
Does anyone have any interests in these or any suggestions on where/how I might find people with these interests?

You could start a thread in the collabs forum -> http://yttalk.com/forums/collaborations-meet-ups.42/ :)

Back