How to Add a Watermark to All Your YouTube Videos

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube has a really cool feature that enables you to put a watermark on every single one of your YouTube videos. In this thread we will talk about how to use this feature and the proper way to create the watermark itself.

The first step is to make the actual watermark that you wan to put on your videos. The guidelines for the watermark is that it has to be under 1 Mb. To keep it low, we suggest using an image size of 580x580 and saving it as a png image.

The software you use to make the watermark is totally your preference. We use paint.net which is a free program that allows you to make and export transparent png images. YouTube suggests having your watermark very similar to your logo, but not the same. The only reason not to just use your channel's logo is that it doesn't look very good.

Start by making the 580x580 image and make the background transparent. Then take your logo, in our case it was just text, and making a kind of white silhouette of it. Ours was just a white "ApexTV". After that, properly scale the image and be sure to keep the transparent background, then just save it and make sure that the finished file is less than 1 MB.
--------------------------------------
Now to adding the watermark to all your YouTube videos at the same time.

Go into YouTube and click your profile photo in the top-right corner. Then click on "creator studio". Under the "channel" drop down on the right side click on "branding". You will see an option here to upload your desired watermark. After uploading the watermark, save it and see if you got the desired look.

This method will add this YouTube watermark to every single one of your videos. As of right now, the watermark is positioned in the top right corner of any of your playing videos. Viewers can click on the watermark and it will bring them straight to your channel!

Thanks for reading, hope this helps!

Megamindez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is so cool! I heard of many other softwares that would create and add watermarks to youtube videos, but this is even simpler. Thanks for sharing this! :)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
What about for just one video? Is that possible?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I do that already. But thanks.