How should I record?

Most game commentators don't get big because of the quality of their footage or gaming skill, but because they're charismatic speakers. Practicing commentating is the biggest step for you now, so don't worry too much about what types of games you play. In fact, try commentating to tetris to see how long you can keep an interesting conversation going with yourself. :)

This man knows what he's talking about. Obey the Red Hat of POWER!

I thought i would just be ok to start off with the theatre, but i need longer games where i can practise commentating and will help me become bigger. I am currently on Xbox as the Pc has not got the best specs to record and play games.

Commentating skills are very important... But the quality of the video is also important, both are needed to succeed at youtube. As for recording both the xbox and PC footage, I would recommend an Avermedia Live Gamer HD, due to it not draining your computers recourses to record, it also has a hdmi pass through so it gives you the ability to capture your xbox footage. Now you are probably going to say that thats way too much money, but if you want to grow to the size of the pros, you need to have the same level of content in order to get there. Ask yourself, "why would someone watch my videos when they can watch others in 1080p, why would someone sub to me when my commentaries are boring compared to the other giant channels?" If your goal is to just have fun, then it doesn't matter, do whatever you want to do with whatever quality you can afford. But if your dreams are to be a giant, you need to play at that level. Well, this is at least my theories on this, I'm putting my ideas to practice to see if i'm right...

Also, you can skip the pc recording and just do console gameplays since your computer is kinda low specs. If you do straight console gameplay I would highly highly HIGHLY recommend an Elgato Game Capture HD card. Its what I use and I love it. The time machine feature is something I've grown to not be without.

I hope this lengthy reply helps a little. I also hope I didn't demotivate you from trying to do the youtube thing, I was just trying to give some constructive advise. Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out in your favor!!!

Back