how often and how many ads recommend inserting ads into a video?

Majklan

Hello, can i one question? just one question... When the video is longer than 10 minutes, how often and how many ads recommend inserting ads into a video? every 4 minutes, 5 minutes, 6 minutes?... i filming vlogs from my life in the Czech Republic... thank you very much :)

Hello and welcome to YTtalk.

Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

I think every 5 minutes sounds good. Have a look at the absolute audience retention for the video (without ads) to see when people are quitting the video based on the content alone. Then you could possibly place an ad (or a card to another video) just before that point.

Hello and welcome to YTtalk.

Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

I think every 5 minutes sounds good. Have a look at the absolute audience retention for the video (without ads) to see when people are quitting the video based on the content alone. Then you could possibly place an ad (or a card to another video) just before that point.

thank you....many great youtubers have just 2 ads in the video. so I do not know how to decide. Whether use recommended insertion of youtube ads - automatic or manual ...

With 10 minute videos I run 3 ads. 1 at the beginning. 1 in the middle. 1 at the end.
My videos used to run less than 10 minutes so I had a singular ad at the beginning only. Switched to over 10 mins and my impressions/clicks doubled overnight.

Yeah ^^^ (before demonitzation) I was making around $20 a month (not too bad for a starter youtube with no idea what’s going on)

I just put one at the start, middle, near-ish to the end.

Best of luck to yee and yee ads :D

Back