How Much Time Do You Spend On Your Videos?

When its one of my normal videos. Recording takes about 1-3 hours depending on the type of video. Editing takes 2 hours max. So together to get a 2-5 Hours of work. But my mini-machinimas takes 1 hour to get everything I need, and editing is around 5 hours depending on if adobe wants to play nice on that day or not.

From research, to editing, to shooting and reshooting, I'd say about 6-7 hours of each minute. need to get that number down somehow

For vlogging it takes me about a few hours. But Recently I've been getting a little better so my my vlogs have taken a lot longer. Like the one I did uploaded this morning took all day yesterday and the night before. it would've been 2-6 hours shorter except I was experimenting with render settings and the parts that had major editing and effects added took forever to render. and I am also working with a new editor so I am still getting used to it.

Depends the video for me. General video game playthroughs are about 30 minutes of putting it together, and then more depending on how carried away I get with subtitles.
But when it's actual vlogs writing out a suggested script and the direction I want to take it can usually take me from anywhere to 5-6 hours.

I say 2-3 hours! Not including the video game recording. I'm new at editing so It might take a bit longer but I also like to make sure that my video is at the best quality I can make it at the moment.

It's usually a couple of hours shooting for me....and a few hours on editing :) (I don't have very good editing software so there's not many effects I can do). Some videos take longer then others, depending on what I'm doing!

Not counting rendering time, anywheres from 30-2hrs.....I dont want to do anything that'll take longer than 2hrs or else Ill lose all enjoyment out of it. Maybe when im a bigger channel putting more time into videos wont be bad as my work will be maximized but until then.....

Depends. Vlogging/rant type videos only take a few minutes to edit in a title screen or whatever, if needed. Let's Play take several hours to sync the voice with the gaming, as well as adding in the titles and banners and stuff. A VGM episode might take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month due to all the editting and scenes involved, especially when I have several people guest star because then I have to wait until they send me all their scenes/lines/art.

Back