How much does video length matter?

Kale

Hi youtubers! Need your insights on this.. I have a video close to 3 minutes and it has more than 1 million views. But it only generated around $6..While one of my video has 100k views only, it generated a revenue of $30 plus...

Can anyone explain to me what are the elements that actually affect our video revenue? 1mil plus views only generate 6$....

Thanks in advance!

Sorry don't know that I can help much. Your post and link to your channel however made me giggle. "We deserve better":bounce:

Sorry don't know that I can help much. Your post and link to your channel however made me giggle. "We deserve better":bounce:
Yeah deserve better waifus :redface:[DOUBLEPOST=1545009761,1545009730][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi youtubers! Need your insights on this.. I have a video close to 3 minutes and it has more than 1 million views. But it only generated around $6..While one of my video has 100k views only, it generated a revenue of $30 plus...

Can anyone explain to me what are the elements that actually affect our video revenue? 1mil plus views only generate 6$....

Thanks in advance!

Anyone cares to shed some lights on this?:spin::spin::spin:

mmmm was Monetisation Enabled before or after that video got more than 1 Million Views? I'm going to assume your video reached likes 900k views before your channel has monetisation, maybe you didn't have 1000 subscribers yet... is that the case?

The only way I would think length matters re: monetization is with longer videos you can add interstitial ads mid - video... also YouTube's algorithm promotes videos to suggested watch far more when your video is at 10+ minutes range, so you'd get more views with a longer video.

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube

video length does matter only on you-tube red revenue, the you-tube red revenue is determined by watch time. a video that is shared a lot (viral) does tend to get less monetized play backs and lower cpm because a lot of the views are from outside the youtube platform.

that's my take on it anyway.

what is the retention rate on both videos? the reason I ask is b/c if the video that has 1 million views has a poor retention rate, then it's possible that multiple ads are not being played throughout the video, hence less money. the video with 100K views may have higher retention rate, hence more ads being played throughout the video which may equate to more money.

One MILLION generated 6 bucks ? Boy. Encouraging stuff.
On the brighter side of things, keep your head up. Look at it this way. You can always get good money. Reach 10 million and you can buy yourself a brand new ...keyboard ?..

When I played the video it had no ads on it. I don't know how you could monetize that video anyway since it is a compilation of copyrighted animated clips.

Back